Charging Phantom 4 battery with LiVH battery Charger

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone try to charge that P4 battery with LiHV charger and had any luck too? I purchase a (two) Phantom 4 cable # 1755 by (Venom) to charge the P4 battery with my Hyperion EOS720i Duo-3 charger. I did manage to down load the new LiHV firmware to the charger, but when I try to use the charger the battery starts to blink (taking a charge), then battery power off after 15 20 seconds. I have all the right setting on the charger and I don't know what I'm doing wrong that the battery keeps turning off or maybe the DJI has something built in the board that only use there charger only!! Try to power ON the battery first and then the charger to see if it will take the charge, but again it power off. The cable Recommended Charge Setting LiHV 5.4Amps 15.2Volts (4S) and I have this showing on the charger, but the battery still shuts off after few seconds. Any help. Thanks Capt.Heli

I do not know about the P4, but the P3 battery Open Circuit voltage is 17 and something, maybe a little higher, I don't remember off the top of my head. If the P4 is the same, and you are setting your charger for less than the charge voltage the battery probably does not see it. Where did you get your 15.4v number?

Hi Kirby, thanks for getting back to me and this is all new to me when it comes to the P4 Smart battery! The number showing on the Venom cable is 15.2v and 5.4A and this is the same on my Hyperion charger setting too. I don't know as of right now if needs to be higher on the volts or what to keep the battery from turning off during the charging cycle. I'm new to this web site and I thought maybe someone else had progress in charging their battery with LiHV charger. if you go to the web site look for VENOMPOWER.COM and the part number is #1755, this is the charging cable for the P4 battery. Thanks Capt.Heli

Can you select 'no balance' or similar?
A non-DJI LiPo would require external balancing and since DJI does this internally you may need to set the charger accordingly.

Hi Frank, I'm still new to the smart charger! If I understand right I thought when you use LiHV setting it automatic comes up on the screen of charger that solo charging and NO balance. again after a few second on the charger the lights starts blink as the same if you was using DJI charger, and then the battery power off and not the charger. So this is where is don't know what to change on the charger, do I need to up the ampage. Also I was reading that the P4 battery has it own balance that built in on the charging board, again I'm not sure and I don't have all info on the P4 battery. I'm learning as I read in what other folks are doing or Not doing. Thanks Capt.Heli

What is the current charge level?

How many Batt. LEDs light with just one push and release of button?

I have three lights showing on the battery! I can change the amps on my charger from 5300 in which is (5.3) or 5400 (5.4) and not 5350 that showing on the battery label. I also purchase a new 4 & 1 battery charger for Christmas and I try this to make sure that battery is taking a charge which it is and that why I have three lights after you release the button.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj