Charging P4

Reaction score
Can you charge both the battery and remote controller at the same time using both the plugs on the charger?

The manual does not say it should be avoided. I've done it while keeping an eye on the charger and had no heat issues.

I charged both at the same time last night and it worked just fine. I did not notice any unusual overheating issues.

I think that is the whole idea with the two plugs.
The P3 has two plugs too, but DJI warns not to charge both at the same time in the P3 manual. I'm guessing a lot of new P4 owners are remembering that suggestion.

Charging both -- charger got warm but not hot. Updating firmware now -- sounds like a fan is running in the bird. I'm upgrading from a P3s -- perhaps fans were in the P3ap?

The P3 has two plugs too, but DJI warns not to charge both at the same time in the P3 manual. I'm guessing a lot of new P4 owners are remembering that suggestion.
Since DJI has been known for marginal documentation, I think the P3 "dual charge" warning was meant to be only for the P3A Advanced charger, which is only 57W. I've used my 100W P3P charger to charge both battery and RC at the same time when I'm not in a hurry, always worked fine with no overheating, no more heat than just charging a battery alone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20