Charging P4 controller

Reaction score
I can't seem to find too much information on how to charge and properly maintain the P4 controller. Currently I have been fully charging it and not charging it again until it gets to around three lights... assuming that is around 75% charge. Should I be waiting until it gets lower? Or keep it topped off!! Thanks!!

3 to 4 flights worth is a good start. Then recharge. If for storage, Keep at 40 to 50 percent.

I don't think it matters with lipos. I do know they should not be run all the way down and they should be stored at 50% power if you aren't going to be using them for a while

Thanks for the info so far...seems the battery last for awhile, but takes awhile to charge also...I guess I will keep doing what I am now ;-)

I e been a battery guy forever, NiMh NiCd, LiFe, LiPo and the technology has come a long way, but as I even tried to find anything I couldn't, but going down only one bar, I'd think that's not enough.
We used to have to condition batteries, and I'm old school, but I run mine down to 1 bar with the other blinking that's 37-49% one bar is 25-36% it'll totally warn you when it's at like 33% and forget the bars, it shows exact on the app.
To have a healthy battery is suggest at least doing 50% sometimes what I've done and by the way, 1,000,000' covered other day and my remote battery is perfectly strong. I sometimes turn it on when it's low but id rather condition then not, is after its on if you want it to stay on (shuts off in like 5 minutes no use) is hit the RTH and run it down to 30%. This makes sure you won't induce ANY memory, they're much better but not convinced using only 1/2 its reserves makes it better, if that was the case they'd give us a battery that last 6 flights, instead u have one that will last 20

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Running the rc to one line wont hurt the battery, the rc has a small current draw. Just never take off if you dont have a minimum 2 lines (dots)IMO. And never charge a hot battery, that's a killer. I don't charge mine even when there warm. And never take your bird up without a full charge. NEVER!

Reactions: Sim597
Yeah, I have to agree, I forgot why but I (maybe it was a crash I heard) I took my bird up once with like 55% battery, that was only the second time out of one million feet traveled that I really almost lost it. Jussaguy or Gadgetguy, I can't remember whom, had actually had birds fall out of the sky more then once due to battery running out.
The good thing about these smart batteries is they won't even let you charge a warm battery, now that so have three it takes some of the risk away and helps keep them healthy on a rotation, I leave them at like 7-10% but only for a day or two (I didn't get to 1,050,000' in two months letting them sit!)
That was on 3 different birds, but all on the same modded RC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic