Charging my batteries and store it for 3 weeks, is that effect the battery life ?!?!

Just as an anecdote, a significant amount of P2 batteries have puffed and suffered voltage sags after 40-50 cycles regardless of how well they were maintained. Hopefully with the right care, P3 batteries will fair better.

In my opinion, little is known about how they were treated based on the info you collected in your thread. You cannot assume that they were treated correctly without knowing if they completed a proper break in process. I'm assuming you didn't do this based on the details you provided.

Being that no one even mentioned a break in just goes to show what happens when it is ignored.

In my opinion, little is known about how they were treated based on the info you collected in your thread. You cannot assume that they were treated correctly without knowing if they completed a proper break in process. Being that no one even mentioned a break in just goes to show what happens when it is ignored.

There are countless threads about perfectly handled P2 batteries going bad after 40 cycles. 4 of my batteries did as have numerous others. Anyway, this thread is about the P3 not the P2. Back to the main topic.

I'll agree to disagree... There are countless threads about people who DID NOT break in their LiPo and are now experiencing the side effect of not doing so. To consider this perfect treatment is completely false and is not helping people understand what is going on and why.

Your lack of objectivity, adherence to a 'correlation is causation' logical fallacy, and no proof of your own has run it's course for me.

What about poor/low quality materials/workmanship, non-use of a CC/CV charging profile, underrated 'C' discharge spec.

Have you explored any of these?

No proof? I've posted links to credible sources. You're just shooting down everything I say without backing it up with legitimate facts.

As for the quality of the battery/manufacturing process, who knows really? How are you supposed to prove that??? I'm trying to focus on what we do know and have proven to have a positive effect.

How do you know the charger doesn't use a CC/CV charge algorithm? Seems to me that it does considering how much longer it takes to finish charging the last 10-20%, based on the status light on the battery. If what you're suggesting were true, it would take the same amount of time for each of the charge lights to blink before reaching a full charge. From my experience, a P3 battery at 50% charge takes only 10 minutes to charge up to 3 bars, and then another 30-35 minutes to full once the last charge light begins to flash. This can be confirmed by a significant drop in temp on the charger while it finishes with a CV charge algorithm.

If the batteries did not have a high enough C-rating for the application, there would be a more significant voltage drop at full throttle than what I've seen. Everything is within normal limits based on the voltage drop under full throttle load.

I have one P3 battery with 15 cycles on it and it will actually stay balanced to within .01v even at full throttle. My other battery has 7 cycles on it and all of the cells stay within .03v of each other at full throttle. It was more like .05v on the first cycle. While this change doesn't sound like much at all, it goes to show how the internal resistance of the cells is dropping and equalizing. The break in procedure helps this process along by taking it easy on the battery until the cells' internal resistance is within 10% of each other. Ignoring this process will instead increase the cells' internal resistance, causing imbalanced cells to magnify in severity under load until the finally lose enough capacity that they begin to effect flight time and performance.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj