Charging habits/ Pro tips

Reaction score
So I got my phantom FC40 yesterday and couldn't do anything but charge, as I was stuck working. The included battery charged and went solid green in a bit over an hour but the spare battery that I picked up (which looks exactly like the stock) is still blinking CV mode (and alternating cells) after a total of about 5-6 hours!?!? Is this normal? Charged about 3 -4 hours last night and was too paranoid to leave on the charger overnight. Got up this morning and still charging after 2 hours or so. How long should this "initial" charge take. Been flying micros for a few months now, this is my first "real" quad. :?

did you plug the balance wires into the side of charger? it goes in 3s port. the middle one, should only take 30 to 45 min. to charge

Thanks for responding but I guess all it took was patience. About an hour after the post, it went solid green and stayed. Still can't run a test flight because of the weather. :cry:

My spare battery I bought was doing that the first time I charged it. It has worked perfectly ever since.

All the batteries I have stock and or others take about 40-55min depending on mah capacity.

If the cells were way out of balance and it was balancing them wee you see the small red s1 s2 s3 leds turning on and off. Then it can some times take a real long time for it to finish the balancing and the charge.

thats exactly what it was James and now I can't get enough of flying. Had my first 2 crashes and my heart almost stopped when the props stopped spinning :eek: . picked it up, put it in back in the air and it flew like nothing happened. I already have a list of extras to buy, any suggestions on where to purchase any of these any1? Looking at a carrying bag, (already have 1 extra battery, but its no where near enough. still undecided on a 4000mah or a few extra stock), landing gear extensions, prop guards, possibly carbon fiber props (any1 know how they perform vs. upgraded stock???) kindle fire hd, range extender, and eventually a gimbal with a go pro but thats way down the line. I knew this would be an expensive hobby but jeeze,
Also is there a such thing as a 4000mah battery that fits without any modification at all? Everything that I run across requires something to be done to the body which I really don't want to do.

Don't bother with the carbon props. They tend to be poor quality, the ones I tried chipped easily and the balance was way off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20