Charging GoPro while on ZenMuse.

Reaction score
Dumb question perhaps...but anyone have thoughts on if its OK to charge the GoPro without taking it off of the gimbal?
Sure would be nice as removing it sucks.

boat chaser said:
I've charged and transferred files whilst still on the gimbal many times and no problems.

+1 - have done this many time without issue Used the GoPro wall socket charger and a USB lead direct into the GP while still on the Zenmuse. I like to do this so that I have a topped up battery on the GP before I go out and fly, that way I am not wasting precious battery charging the GoPro as soon as I power up the Phantom !

chopperflyer said:
If I am not mistaken the GO PRO charges as soon as you plug in to the gimbal, please correct if wrong.

Yes but only when power is applied to the Zenmuse/Phantom. One assumes the OP means charging the GP when there is no battery/power to the Zenmuse in which case it is fine.

I know this is an old post, but has anyone thought about modifying the mounting a bit where the Go Pro doesn't plug in, thus not charging the battery and not wasting precious battery life for flight? When a GoPro will easily record an hour+ and these things won't fly much longer than 20 minutes, it doesn't make sense to charge the Go Pro. If you land it to change the battery out on the Phantom, just change the battery out on the Go Pro.

FYI you need to install back if you adding fpv system or you can forgo n use cables from the sides of the gopro

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 678
With the gimbal wired attach about 16mins +\- but after the mod 18mins-\+ but will time it properly next weekend

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20