Charging drone and contoller

Reaction score
I;ve watched a couple of videos on youtube to try to get poi up and running. Got that solved from a guy here. But several people on the vids claim that dji states you are not to charge the controller and the drone at the same time. ???? Don't they have completely different chargers, and don't they both plug in independently?

You don't charge the drone. You charge the battery. It is a totally different plug from controller. The controller charges with the white cord that came with it. And you can charge together

You don't charge the drone. You charge the battery. It is a totally different plug from controller. The controller charges with the white cord that came with it. And you can charge together
I know that. In essence though, you are charging the drone. And my controller charges with the same plug as my phone. I have been charging them together for 4 months. I just wanted to know why these people said that. I really didn't need a lesson on what charges the drone"battery" and what charges the controller.

They are probably referring to the P3A/P3P. The charger they use charges both the remote controller and battery.

Seems like that would lengthen the charging time though, if you cant do them at the same time. I hr for the battery, 1 hr for the controller=2 hrs. Doesn't really matter anyway, I have a standard.
thanks

Yep. But, you could buy multiple chargers or charge the night before you fly. Fortunately, the remote controller battery doesn't need to be charged often.

Reactions: Brian1888
When do you charge the RC? when the green lights go down to 1 ? or can you 'top it up' as you go?

Brian1888, I usually charge my remote controller when it's down to about 25% charged (only one light is illuminated). If you're planning to go away on a trip or an all day shoot somewhere, then it would be a good idea to top it off.

I keep mine topped off every time I come in . Quad battery's also but I do fly everyday unless it's raining .
If I didn't I would forget to look and then find out to late .
Is just what I do .

I keep mine topped off every time I come in . Quad battery's also but I do fly everyday unless it's raining .
Is just what I do .
I do the same thing. Probably comes from years of using cordless drills everyday.

Reactions: dirkclod
I do the same thing. Probably comes from years of using cordless drills everyday.
Hadn't thought about that but might be why I do . Just habit :)

Is just what I do .
But does that mean the battery's are ready for charging or do you just top up also?

But does that mean the battery's are ready for charging or do you just top up also?
I only put my battery's on the charger after I fly or if it has been raining and I haven't been out for awhile if that what you asking . I just don't top them off if they have all the bars . I have put in them in with all the bars lit just to see 98% . Guess they are doing their discharge thing .
I do always let them set and cool before I do charge them .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic