Charging between flights

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see this, so.....

I flew last night just for a few minutes to show the family the new toy. I was at 92% when I landed. I would think that is enough to to fly today (not flying far, just practicing). Do you charge to 100% every time? I don't mind recharging, but if like to maintain the battery the best way

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope not every time I fly. I only charge based on how long I plan on flying or if the battery is under 40% then I charge it up.

On my minivan I have a 120V outlet, and when I fly on different spots you hook it up to gain some percentage. But like the guy up said, if I go below 40%, I just stop and let it go to 100%

I'm starting to feel more comfortable about topping off Phantom smart batteries. Initially with the P2 and on there was a lot of conjecture about the battery developing an issue if not normally reducing the battery to a used state such as 50,60%. I've topped off my batteries 3 times now where the charge state has fallen to 94,95% from non use for 4 or 5 days and it's worked fine. No issues. Also, it doesn't count as full charge cycle. It will only add what percentage was needed to the cycle count.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers