Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Charging between flights

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by wakebrdr94, Feb 16, 2016.

1. wakebrdr94

I did a search and didn't see this, so.....

I flew last night just for a few minutes to show the family the new toy. I was at 92% when I landed. I would think that is enough to to fly today (not flying far, just practicing). Do you charge to 100% every time? I don't mind recharging, but if like to maintain the battery the best way

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. azpilot61

Nope not every time I fly. I only charge based on how long I plan on flying or if the battery is under 40% then I charge it up.

3. bebeloneovvl

On my minivan I have a 120V outlet, and when I fly on different spots you hook it up to gain some percentage. But like the guy up said, if I go below 40%, I just stop and let it go to 100%

4. dwcola

I'm starting to feel more comfortable about topping off Phantom smart batteries. Initially with the P2 and on there was a lot of conjecture about the battery developing an issue if not normally reducing the battery to a used state such as 50,60%. I've topped off my batteries 3 times now where the charge state has fallen to 94,95% from non use for 4 or 5 days and it's worked fine. No issues. Also, it doesn't count as full charge cycle. It will only add what percentage was needed to the cycle count.