Charging battery

Reaction score
I fly and try to land at 20% battery left. Then do a full charge. If I land at let's say 40% do I have to wait with the bird switched on until 20% then charge or is it ok to do a full charge from the 40% to full. Is 20% OK or do I need to go lower to start a full charge.

LiPo - cells are not subject to the "memory" issues. Actual a LiPo battery prefers to be charged prior to pack minimums. Ex. Charging a LiPo cell from 50% capacity to 100% is only considered a half duty cycle.... opposed to charging a cell from minimum 0% capacity to 100% capacity would be considered a full duty cycle.

Direct response to your question your fine charging at 40% to 100% as well as charging from 20% to 100% as far as the chemistry of the battery cell is concerned.

DJI does recommend every 20-cycles to fully discharge the pack and recharge - this is not to do with the chemistry of the battery but is related to the circuit in the pack - the "smart" part of the pack.

Does anyone have a link to "DJI Battery Maintenance" suggestions? I've got the "paper manual" that comes with the battery but it leaves a LOT to be desired.

thanks in advance,
Allen

LiPo - cells are not subject to the "memory"

DJI does recommend every 20-cycles to fully discharge the pack and recharge - this is not to do with the chemistry of the battery but is related to the circuit in the pack - the "smart" part of the pack.

I think DJI recommends to discharge to 8% after every 20 charges, not fully discharge, is that correct?

Battery Use from the manual - not sure what else your looking for.

Battery Charging

1) Charge and discharge the battery completely once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Discharge the battery until there is 8% remaining power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize battery life.

2) The Intelligent Flight Battery is designed to stop charging when it is full. However it is a good practice to monitor the charging progress and disconnect the batteries when fully charged.

Battery Storage

1) Discharge the battery to 30%-50% if it will NOT be used for 7 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life.

1. 2) The battery automatically discharges to below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately 2 days to discharge the battery to 65%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharge process. Set the discharging thresholds in the DJI Pilot app.

2. 3) The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. When in hibernation mode, if you try to power on the battery, the battery power LED will show a solid red light and the battery level LEDs will all be off. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

3. 4) Remove batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period.
Battery Disposal

1) If the power on/off button on the Intelligent Flight Battery is disabled and the battery cannot be fully discharged, please contact a professional battery disposal/recycling agent for further assistance.

Battery Maintenance

1) Neverover-discharge,as this may lead to battery cell damage.
2) Battery life maybe reduced if not used for a longtime.

Travel Notice

1) Store Intelligent Flight Batteries in a ventilated location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers