Charging batteries

S

sandman259

I've always charged my batterie with them off but have read that you should have them on. Does it make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

don't they turn on when charging lights flashing

Your batteries should normally be off when charging them. The only exception is if they are nearly fully charged and you're trying to top them off.

It's in the Phantom manual:

Untitled.png

So you really have to have the battery in the bird to read the exact % of charge (can't tell just via the lights)??

So you really have to have the battery in the bird to read the exact % of charge
Yes.

If you know your battery is close to being fully charged and it does not start charging when you hook it up to the charger, then disconnect it from the charger, turn it on, and hook it up again. At that point, it should start charging.

...or push the button once and if all 4 lights come on and it's been a few days or you have started the discharge period, then just turn it on and plug it in to charge it. I do this often when I miss a scheduled fly day and go again 3 to 5 days later. If you have 3 lights or less showing - just plug it in and it will charge as usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair