Charging 4 Batteries at Once

Reaction score
Brand new product from Smart Power Charge that allows you to charge 4 DJI batteries at once. It also monitors the temp and voltage of the battery while charging them at the maximum rate. Check out our review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7eIvCFdho4

looks nice, but for that price i'll stick to the DJI chargers

p fandango said:
looks nice, but for that price i'll stick to the DJI chargers
+1
$400 sale price wow :eek:

750r said:
$400 sale price wow :eek:
i thought the sale price was $299, that still works out to £194 for me before P&P & import duty. Yet i can pick up a genuine DJI charger for £30 (so i can get 6 chargers & still have change)

Pass.

I bet the manufacturers were pissed off with that review. The reviewer seemed to think that amongst its main points were a) a $400 10 port USB hub and b) a really pretty design for impressing your mates. Anyone who thinks that the voltage spec for USB is 2.1v should not be allowed to review anything related to power supplies.

pilsburypie said:
expensive - What do people think about these triple charges that use your DJI original charger - very cheap but will it burn the house down?!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380974585639? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Note this is just the board with the three connectors on. There is no charger with this - You need n*the number of amps that you need to charge one battery. I think the stock charger is around 2A. There is a product which is the board AND a charger and the charger is 6A - which obviously, is what would be needed to charge all three in the same time it takes to do one.

Hughie said:
Anyone who thinks that the voltage spec for USB is 2.1v should not be allowed to review anything related to power supplies.

Yes, the OP confuses amps (high end at 2.1) and volts (all are 5v) but I think it was just an honest mistake.

I thought the review was good. IMHO, the unit is way over priced for what it is. I think it has a _lot_ of great features and was well thought out. Being able to charge 1-4 batteries at the same time and independently is great. However, at $300 it's just a tad bit too expensive. I ccould buy 6 chargers and a multi outlet adaptor for that amount of money. Four chargers would cost me $160, about half as much.

IMHO, the price point for this device should be around $200. A plus if it can be made smaller as well.

Hughie said:
pilsburypie said:
expensive - What do people think about these triple charges that use your DJI original charger - very cheap but will it burn the house down?!

Note this is just the board with the three connectors on. There is no charger with this - You need n*the number of amps that you need to charge one battery. I think the stock charger is around 2A. There is a product which is the board AND a charger and the charger is 6A - which obviously, is what would be needed to charge all three in the same time it takes to do one.
So you're saying this cheap board would take three times as long to charge all 3 batteries as it would the single battery?

pilsburypie said:
Hughie said:
pilsburypie said:

So you're saying this cheap board would take three times as long to charge all 3 batteries as it would the single battery?

I would assume so.

I thought the OEM charger was 4 amps.
The original battery was 5.2 Ah so it will take more than a hour to charge at 1C.
Added to some uncertainty is if the intelligent circuitry follows or implements the CC/CV charging profile used for LiPos.

There is not enough technical information available even on their website.

This device needs to be able to deliver about 16 amps peak to charge 4 drained batteries from start to equal the charge capability of the OEM charger.

N017RW said:
I thought the OEM charger was 4 amps.

You are quite right - 4A out.
I was reading the wiggly side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic