Charger makes noise

Reaction score
When i charge my lipo in the end the charger sounds like electric current of some sort is this normal?

Depends on the nature of the noise. If you are getting a slight hum or squeal from it that is totally normal for a high voltage circuit board. That is just a coil or a capacitor making the noise while under load. If it is a loud buzz or a whine then that may be a short somewhere on the inside. If in doubt about a charger I personally would advise against using it. As Lipo batterys are not something you want to mess with. I would contact your vendor or dji directly about this. Would try the vendor first though if you want it fixed within the next century ;) however the dji stock charger isn't the best quality out there anyway. Would be better for your battery life to purchase an aftermarket online or in your nearest model shop. Go for one no lower than £40-50 or €50-60. That should get you a good quality product.

Ok but that noise comes just before CV mode red and green blinking but after that it stops.

Hi guys

I have a very loud (brand new) charger. It's quiet for about 30 mins then this happens:

https://youtu.be/WE8jPSulYOw

It is actually quite loud and can be heard across the room. Is this normal? If i unplug the both my brand new batteries and check the charge they both show as full. Another thing to notice is that the light on the charger is still red and it's quite hot to touch. I have another Phantom at work and it doesn't do this. Any thoughts?

Cheers

EDIT: by the way, these batteries are brand new straight out of the box and never been disharged

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31