Charger issue

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum as well as I'm a new P3 pro owner. I watched all the videos prior to unboxing my new unit yesterday. The first thing I did was start charging a battery. It went to 3 solid bars and the last bar flashing. I decided to start charging the second battery. It didn't want to start the charging process. I then tried charging the RC and it wouldn't light up either. Both the second battery and th RC would flicker the light on but then go off. I decided to get my digital volt meter out and check to see it there was any output. With the charger plugged in and no load, the output is 17.63v. As soon as I plug in a battery (I have 3 in total) and check voltage at the RC charger plug, the voltage slowly drops to nothing at the speed of about 1 volt per second.
Has anyone had this type of problem? I assume the smart charger is not so smart. I believe it senses the battery to be charged and is going to sleep.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tech lines at DJI are obviously not operational with the holiday. The store where I spent close to 2k has a "all sales final" policy. I just want to start playing with my new toy.

Hello, I'm new to this forum as well as I'm a new P3 pro owner. I watched all the videos prior to unboxing my new unit yesterday. The first thing I did was start charging a battery. It went to 3 solid bars and the last bar flashing. I decided to start charging the second battery. It didn't want to start the charging process. I then tried charging the RC and it wouldn't light up either. Both the second battery and th RC would flicker the light on but then go off. I decided to get my digital volt meter out and check to see it there was any output. With the charger plugged in and no load, the output is 17.63v. As soon as I plug in a battery (I have 3 in total) and check voltage at the RC charger plug, the voltage slowly drops to nothing at the speed of about 1 volt per second.
Has anyone had this type of problem? I assume the smart charger is not so smart. I believe it senses the battery to be charged and is going to sleep.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tech lines at DJI are obviously not operational with the holiday. The store where I spent close to 2k has a "all sales final" policy. I just want to start playing with my new toy.
Sounds to me like the battery is around 95% charged, in which case it won't take any more charge. If you want to top it up from there, switch on the battery first and then try charging it.

Sounds to me like the battery is around 95% charged, in which case it won't take any more charge. If you want to top it up from there, switch on the battery first and then try charging it.

Thanks for the reply but the batteries are defiantly not charged. 1 bar showing when the battery is turned on.

This is strange, no one ever reported this problem. Try to connect again and wait to see if it starts charging, else switch on the battery and then charge. If still unsuccessful, return it.

I agree, give the charger a little more time. As all of the "smart electronics" are in the battery. The charger is just a power supply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers