Charger help

Reaction score
After searching for charger info in the archives, I am throughly confused and need some help. I am wanting to purchase a LiPo smart charger that will charge, discharge and cycle the phantom batteries. Is this possible or am I stuck with the OEM charger or have to buy the $300 charger that was dicussed on here last week? I'm no battery wizard and would like something simple and as automated as possible. Is there a solution to what I am wanting to do?

Thanks for your feedback

Phantom 2 batteries are 'smart' batteries. They will discharge themselves so no need for a fancy charger unless that is what you prefer. What is your goal?
I personally use the stock charger or if I need to charge more than one I have one of the cheap strip chargers ($10) that will charge 3 batteries at once but I use it with a higher amp power brick the maintain a shorter charge time. I believe I may have posted pics of my setup in the thread you referenced.

EDIT - found the pics...

s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
51aJPat5NgL._SY90_.jpg

I was just asking if there was a better way for the discharge than the built in feature. Guess I was wanting that better mouse trap.

Th dji not so smart battery's that can discharge them selves are ONLY if some ones got the more recent ones that have the firmware or ones that can be updated to new battery firm ware. and even if some one has the ones that can self discharge after 14 days. (tho some are saying its now 10 days) Thats really not good to rely on the battery's to discharge them selves being you you need to leave them for 10 days or more for them to discharge them selves and thats not a good habit to get in to if you like your battery's and want to take GOOD care of them. If any thing the self discharge feature is more for if you happen to forget to take care of a battery and once in a while forget to take care of one before putting it away.

As far as some thing thats in expensive that will discharge a dji battery and is automated. there is now a discharge I have seen popping up on ebay recently that will discharge them down to the 50% storage charge and then shuts off by its self so you dont have to site there like a hawk to catch it right at 50%. That is selling for around $21US
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418c8ab525

I see that these also now have a deep discharge mode in them to for deep discharging the battery also. They didn't have that before. and would only do the 50% storage discharge. So now the seem like a way better devise then they were when they first came out a few months ago.

Monte55 said:
How is flying for a FEW minutes going to discharge a battery to proper storage level?

20 minute flight time, fly for 7-10 minutes and the battery should be around 50%. It's not one minutes, it's not a couple of minutes it's not an hour... it's a few minutes.

Monte55 said:
Flying 7 to 10 minutes is not a few. People need correct info....

Seriously? You are going to nit pick a "few" minutes not being 10 (as in, I'll be there in a "few minutes")? I think my point still stands.... flying the Phantom to run the batteries down to 50% is not a bad way to spend 7 minutes 32 seconds. :roll:

I'm not trying to be an *** or nitpick but some listen to every word and still can't figure how to do a compass calibration properly. Not trying to offend you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl