Charge WIFI Extender While In Use

Reaction score
I view most of my videos on my IPad transferring the files directly from my Phantom. Anybody have experience with charging the extender while its in use?

The DJI manual does not say it cannot be done, so it probably wouldn't hurt anything. I'm not sure why you'd want to use it while charging it though.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, msinger. I use it to download my videos directly to my iPad. This takes a long time, draining the extender battery. I just as soon get the extender charging back up sooner than later.

I have been flying with mini power pak off the Range Extender for over a year now with absolutely no issues. I never have to charge the RE. There was a time that some felt there a performance gain by keeping the RE fully charged. This started when we ran the 500 RE's which has since been ugraded when the vPlus came out to the 700 RE's that we now have. Anyway it's something I got use to doing and now it has become a habit.

The one I have looks exactly like the red which is only $19.99 plus it charges my phone also if needed. They have them for apple connectors as well. Good stuff and proven.
MV9ZUMORD-T_l.jpg

Frank:
Are using the power pak to actually run the wifi extender or are you using it to recharge after usage? Is the flex arm long enough to allow mounting on the tx? The specs I see on the red unit above show 1500mah and wondering how that works out with the 2000mah battery on my wifi extender? Any links to the $19.00 unit as the best price I can find now is $39.00. Thanks for sharing this with us as it seemed like I spent more time charging the wi fi extender than the main battereies.

I use a RavPower 15000 mAh (white to match the Phantom) to charge my iPad, Range Extender and tx while in use.. Mounted in the back of the tx with some double sided industrial velcro and i gotta tell you that i never have to charge either the extender my iPad or the Tx... and i notice that the extender becomes more powerful when its always connected to a power source... Hard to explain but it does give my wifi that extra edge....

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-150...=UTF8&qid=1428187751&sr=8-1&keywords=ravpower

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik