Channel selection, Auto or custom

Reaction score
I have a 2.4 GHZ tower (wireless internet provider) about 400 meters from my 37 acre field. My old Phantom 2 operating with a 2.4 GHz controller can fly with no problems what so ever around this acreage, never once with a loss of signal issue.

My new P3 Advanced with two antenna had no end of issues in the two shake down flights in this environment from loss of contact, compass errors, GPS loss. I won't fly it here again, can anyone with experience tweaking channels a bit to avoid noise comment?

It amazes me to see people fly their P3 systems long ways over urban environments containing I'm sure a lot of noise on the 2.4 GHz bandwith...this is a big cause of lost UAV's inmo.

I have a 2.4 GHZ tower (wireless internet provider) about 400 meters from my 37 acre field. My old Phantom 2 operating with a 2.4 GHz controller can fly with no problems what so ever around this acreage, never once with a loss of signal issue.

My new P3 Advanced with two antenna had no end of issues in the two shake down flights in this environment from loss of contact, compass errors, GPS loss. I won't fly it here again, can anyone with experience tweaking channels a bit to avoid noise comment?

It amazes me to see people fly their P3 systems long ways over urban environments containing I'm sure a lot of noise on the 2.4 GHz bandwith...this is a big cause of lost UAV's inmo.
Go for 32 channel hack and set it at Ch 30 and see if you get noise around the selected band.

I m not sure if your problems are related to WiFi tower next to your house.

Sounds reasonable. Searching for the file.
You can find the file in this post. If you happen to be using an iOS device, you can also follow the directions in that post.

Android users place the file in a certain location, but many put it in the wrong location accidentally. If you are using Android, be careful to copy the file to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\files on your device.

The hack installed perfectly....below are some screenshots of the interference in the area mentioned. Channel 32 appears never disturbed.

Does this channel hack apply only to the video transmission, or all communications.

f6fcb31bebc446693a1fdc7ad387b2c6.jpg

2cdea2e291133b1a5a7a8cd0fe2a300e.jpg

922d5108b2fa51d2872fbb600aca13cb.jpg

5fda239d3fb80b34418437f254cf5ea9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik