Channel monitor not showing "0" throttle

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

When I hook my Phantom 1 up to the computer and fire up the assistant software, my throttle (T) is showing 28 while all the other sticks are at 0. I've done the calibration and nothing changes. Anybody else have this issue?

Re: Channel monitor not showing "0" throttle

28 is pretty high. Do you have a 1.1.1? If so did you calibrate in rc assistant as well as Naza assistant?

Indeed. I've never had a calibrated remote be off by more than 1-2. Can you hover with the throttle set to the middle position, with the Naza led showing one green flash only?

Green_Phantom said:
Yep, hovers just fine.
Can you hover with the throttle set to the middle position, with the Naza led showing one green flash only?

Yep. I did the shapeways throttle spring mod, so it keeps the throttle in the middle position all the time just like the 1.1.1.1.1.1.1 and 2.0 phantoms. The 1.0s didn't have a spring centering throttle stick. Mine now does.

The shapeways mod probably has something to do with it. Could be that their 3D printed tolerances aren't as tight as a mass produced piece like the black DJI one would be. Maybe I'll take it out and do some trial and error sanding on it. I just kind of figured that if you do the calibration thing, that any of that "offness" would get calibrated out of it.

I also didn't know if that extra 25-30 or whatever it was was there before hand or not. Hence asking the question in the first place, because I was unable to find any pictures or videos of other people's NAZA Assistant seting online.

Yeah, 20-30 off is not normal, I personally wouldn't fly that until I had it resolved. tI would definitely try taking out the spring mod and seeing if it changes anything.

Well, took a closer look at that spring return thing to see how it works. After figuring out where the issue might lie, I broke out some sandpaper and went to work on what I hoped the problem area was. I also tightened up the spring tension screw to give the sticks a bit more resistance. Personal preference to have them be a bit on the stiff side.

Anyway, after some more trial and error I got my throttle down to where it'll bounce between 1 and 4, staying mostly on the 1. Going to take it out tomorrow to see if that brings back my double green flashing light.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1