Channel 32 Hack. Pros and Cons?

Reaction score
Hey All

I am thinking to apply that modification to my DJI GO app.
I know that after i do it, i will have to HAND pick the channel for the RC and AC to operate.

I have two questions.

How do i know, which channel will be the best to operate on? For example if at 600 meters away my image transmittion signal becomes weak, i have to go back to the channels and switch to a different one that is more "stable" ?

and also what are pros and cons of this mod?

Had the same issue... But every time I selected the channel (any channel) it went straight back to auto. Despite me changing my phone settings to American....I just gave up lol. I believe you can change channels in mid flight... I wouldn't recommend it myself tho

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

First, you don't _have_ to pick the channel, you can leave it on auto and it will select/change channel automatically among the original channels. If you use Custom settings (as you could before the hack was applied) you simply select your own channel and you stay on that channel. You know which is best by the bar graph for that channel. You can select Custom even before you install the hack to see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Neon Euc
"... what are pros and cons of this mod?

Pro: Can offer better range or at least improved signal quality
Con: Allows operation outside of the U.S. FCC 2.4G ISM band (i.e. illegal).

The higher the channel frequency you go, the clearer it will be. Also when flying, the higher the altitude, the further you'll fly.

Reactions: Neon Euc
The higher the channel frequency you go, the clearer it will be. Also when flying, the higher the altitude, the further you'll fly.
Strictly speaking, wouldn't the best channel be the one that's least congested, not necessarily a higher channel frequency?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Strictly speaking, wouldn't the best channel be the one that's least congested, not necessarily a higher channel frequency?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Higher channels (and frequency), in this case, are less conjested (in the U.S.) because they are in a segment of the band requiring license for use.

Reactions: flyNfrank
N017RW, is right. These channels were 1st in the Pilot app when the P3 was 1st released. In the 1st or 2nd update the channels were removed stating the reason N017RW mentioned above. When that happened, we went from a super badass aircraft to one that was dropping signals at 1500ft and/or less for some. The worse part was, prior to this particular update that removed the channels, dji had released good updates, but this one also included taking away the ability to go back to the previous firmware version. So we were stuck with a low range aircraft...until I found this 32 channel mod on another website and posted it here. That was a great day to say the least.

only con is you are locked to one channel if you hit interference,.un hacked auto wil pick the cleanest.
l

Reactions: JohnnyB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl