Changing the Gimbal settings

Reaction score
can you change the gimbal settings? for example: I'm not sure what the number of "jumps" or "clicks" there are between completely facing down and completely facing forward but can we change that number? lets say there are 30 different level. can we up it to 100. sure it would pan a lot slower but it would be a little smoother for videos. I saw some numbers in the assistant software but was scared to touch them because it looked like another language to me.

neoneo said:
kgarrison said:
There are currently no adjustment settings for the gimbal.
I'm using 1.08 and there are 9 boxes (with numbers) in the gimbal setting that can be changed.

Yep that was for the the Phantom 2 i believe, the 1.08 firmware came out back on the 31st Dec 2013, you definitely can't use those settings on the P2V+.

D

dang it! i have to find a way to pan smoother. otherwise I'm limited to not panning up and down at all in my videos. it's just too jumpy. I'm filming million dollar homes for million dollar customers they want the best quality. i cant be doing circles around the property and all of a sudden the camera jerks/shifts downward a few times. even the accelerometer is too jumpy smh

neoneo said:
dang it! i have to find a way to pan smoother. otherwise I'm limited to not panning up and down at all in my videos. it's just too jumpy. I'm filming million dollar homes for million dollar customers they want the best quality. i cant be doing circles around the property and all of a sudden the camera jerks/shifts downward a few times. even the accelerometer is too jumpy smh

I hear ya man with this issue, however if you are any good at basic soldering, check the following link, one of the die hard Phantom pilots RemE on RCG has done an awesome mod that will give you the control you want, might be the way to go!

I have seen other mods out there, and the old P2 slider mod is coming back, i just can't find the link at the moment, do some searching around on here and RCG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990

D

drmgcm69 said:
neoneo said:

I hear ya man with this issue, however if you are any good at basic soldering, check the following link, one of the die hard Phantom pilots RemE on RCG has done an awesome mod that will give you the control you want, might be the way to go!

I have seen other mods out there, and the old P2 slider mod is coming back, i just can't find the link at the moment, do some searching around on here and RCG

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990

D
Holy moly thats alot

This is something I have wondered about, is anyone aware of a method to send "feature requests" to DJI?

Try filming at 720/60 and then playback at 30 and see if that works for you. That effectively slows the tilt down 50%.

I am shooting big dollar homes too but I will not put a tilt sequence in the video because it is too distorted looking from the curvature of the lens. I simply do a cross dissolve to a different view and so far everyone has been thrilled with the results. You just have to make do with what we have been given so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20