Changing the camera lens?

Reaction score
As you might have seen by my previous thread I'm not afraid to try out things beyond what the manufacturer supplies, and something else I am curious about before I potentially take the plunge and buy a phantom is the camera lens.

I've seen a video or two about being able to change the lens on the phantom 2 vision. Does anyone know if the same is possible with the phantom 3, and has anyone tried it? If I were to get the professional I'd probably be looking at putting on something along the lines of an 80mm equiv. so about a 16mm. I would then have the 20mm standard, 40mm by cropping the 4k, 80mm with a different lens and potentially even longer by again cropping the 4k.

If the gimbal suitable for such a long focal length? The lens looks like it would add a little weight, but nothing too drastic.

Thanks for any help.

As you might have seen by my previous thread I'm not afraid to try out things beyond what the manufacturer supplies, and something else I am curious about before I potentially take the plunge and buy a phantom is the camera lens.
About the only alternative lenses I've heard of are here: DJI Phantom 3 Lenses – Peau Productions

There's a reason drones have very wideangle lenses normally.
Wideangle lenses are lightweight and longer lenses will magnify any vibration.

I guess something such as this would be fitted in the same fashion they show in that video then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers