changing SHELL

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just order a brand new shell for my P3A. I have some small crack under the motor on one leg. I decide to order a new shell and i will change it when i got some spare time. Probably this next winter, here in Canada, the weather is not really good for flying (-20c)

My question, is that a job i can do myself, is there any special think i have to be really really carefull, that can break a part when dissemble the insdide, electronic ?

any good advice from you guys will be well receive.

Reactions: P@pz
With some patience, you should be able to do it yourself. Here's an example of how it's done:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hoh thank's a lot Msinger, that's a video i will keep it safely for my project.

You need to be very careful not to overtighten the screws for the motors. I did that and cracked the new shell!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Btw when I say overtighten I mean barely more than snug. Be very gentle! I couldn't believe I cracked that new shell. I wound up installing reinforcements for the motor mounts and using thread locker so as not to have tighten down on the screws.

Another issue you might pay attention to, when you place the Compass wire against the antenna and shove it back in the leg make sure that it's laying flat in the designated slot so that you don't pinch a Compass wire.I pinched one and it gave me a Compass errors
If you don't need new landing gear, you may choose to leave the compass/antenna assembly in tact

Reactions: GunnyPapa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan