Changing SD cards and firmware updates?

Reaction score
Hi fellow aviators!

New to this hobby and was after a quick answer!

I've got the P3P and am looking at putting a larger SD card in it! I updated the RC, Copter and Battery with the latest firmware when I bought it; however should I change my SD card will the original firmware be there?

Might sound a stupid question but I wasn't sure if the update was stored on the SD card or internally within the devices!

Would appreciate some advice!

Many Thanks.

The update is in the Phantom.....you can use any card with no worries. (if you buy any more batteries, just load the update firmware to a card, and update the new battery).

The firmware is installed directly on your Phantom, batteries, and remote controller. Swapping the memory card will not undo those updates.

Thank you very much.

One final question, if you have more than one battery do you have to update them individually or do the subsequent batteries update themselves once fitted to the
P3P?

Thank you very much.

One final question, if you have more than one battery do you have to update them individually or do the subsequent batteries update themselves once fitted to the
P3P?
Provided you have the firmware update on the card you are using, they will update automatically.
If you're using a different card, you need to put the firmware update on that card before the battery will update.

Thanks, so just to be clear, (excuse me if I'm being a bit thick) as long as the batteries have been used with an updated SD card they will have received the update and further use with new/different SD cards will be ok?

As long as all of your batteries have been installed at least once whilst an SD card with with the correct version of firmware is also installed then the batteries should have been updated, if you are still not sure if any of your batteries still need updating just pop it it the aircraft, (No props fitted if indoors) power up your controller, power up the aircraft, open up the DJI GO app and double check the status (then you know for sure)

Thanks, so just to be clear, (excuse me if I'm being a bit thick) as long as the batteries have been used with an updated SD card they will have received the update and further use with new/different SD cards will be ok?
Correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic