Changed from 250 to 600mw Immersion and range went down

Reaction score
Hi!

I had Predator V2 kit with the 250mw original tx and skew antennas
Range was maximum 500-700meters flying high and 200meters in lower heights.

I like to fly low and needed better transmitter so I bought Immersion 600mw. Didnt change antenna or anything else. Only disconnected old tx and put in new tx. I could immediatly notice worse color quality and with a quick test I had bad reception at 10meters away and after 50meters only noise.

What could this be? Bad tx or do I need to upgrade rx in the goggles?

Are you certain the frequencies match? I assume you checked this, but it wasn't mentioned in your post so definitely make sure your transmitter and receiver are set to the same frequency.

Not sure what you mean by "I like to fly low". These FPV systems are line of sight, so if you get objects like buildings, trees or people between the transmitter and receiver you will quickly loose signal. If you fly far enough away such that you really can't distinguish your quad against the sky and the video poops out try increasing the altitude another 20 or 30 meters. You've probably flown under the "horizon" of trees or whatever. At 180 - 200 meters altitude I get around 2km of distance. The trees around me set my limits.

sindrejl said:
Hi!

I had Predator V2 kit with the 250mw original tx and skew antennas
Range was maximum 500-700meters flying high and 200meters in lower heights.

I like to fly low and needed better transmitter so I bought Immersion 600mw. Didnt change antenna or anything else. Only disconnected old tx and put in new tx. I could immediatly notice worse color quality and with a quick test I had bad reception at 10meters away and after 50meters only noise.

What could this be? Bad tx or do I need to upgrade rx in the goggles?

make sure you have the correct connectors on your antennas. For the Immersion stuff you need antennas with SMA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj