Change to More Natural Tilt Speed and Ramp with Futaba T8J?

Re: Change to More Natural Tilt Speed and Ramp?

Can you not use the gimbal control in the firmware?

Set the gain to 1 and you will find you get very smooth motion and quite a gentle ramp into movement.

To help this even more, I fitted a full sized pot and knob, and calibrated it for full travel. This gives me very precise control.

noiseboy72 said:
Set the gain to 1 and you will find you get very smooth motion and quite a gentle ramp into movement.

To help this even more, I fitted a full sized pot and knob, and calibrated it for full travel. This gives me very precise control.
Ive done the same with a replacement linear slider pot set to 2 in the firmware. Gives beautiful cinematic tilts.

You installed a pot and knob to your T8J?

noiseboy72 said:

No, sorry, its on the stock controller.

Re: Change to More Natural Tilt Speed and Ramp with Futaba T

I don't know how it's done on that Futaba model, but most aftermarket controllers in that class allow you to adjust the output rate of the pot(s).

I have mine slowed down a good bit that way and I love the motion it produces.

Re: Change to More Natural Tilt Speed and Ramp with Futaba T

I don't think the controller matters, as the gains are set on the 'bird. The lower the gains, the slower the response. 1 or 2 gives a really smooth movement.

There is nothing to stop you fitting a new pot to your TX. The procedure is the same. You can even replace some switches with pots as well, but this requires a little more knowledge about which switches directly control channels and which are system assignable. Not done it on a new Futaba, but did mod an old one years ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj