Change the name of a drone

Hey all

Can i change the name of my p3a? Cant find where to do it, in dji go app

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app
Try here in the app:
General Settings > DeviceName
It should appear above 'About' when the aircraft is connected.

Reactions: JoBe
The ability was added (finally!) in May with iOS app version 2.8.2

If you are using an android version of the app, I'm not sure which version had the ability added (if it did) so someone using android will need to chime in with that info.

I have my Galaxy S5 with the the latest Go app version and it is not available to rename the AC. It works on my Air 2 IOS with no problems.

yeah only iOS works to change name, Android doesnt have the feature yet. And, I'm running into cases where i change the name on iOS, but it won't reflect it on Android. And, even though i change on iOS, healthy drones still shows old name. weird.

yeah only iOS works to change name, Android doesnt have the feature yet. And, I'm running into cases where i change the name on iOS, but it won't reflect it on Android. And, even though i change on iOS, healthy drones still shows old name. weird.
Yeah! Same here. I believe the app retains old info like flight logs and AC Info.
When you fly with the android device, it still retains the old name as it is recorded to the AC with the IOS device. So if you upload to HD with the android, you still see the old name. Yes! Really bizarre.

Guys i figured it out!

You turn on DJi go.
Then you go to ME tab on the bottom right.
After click on the current name of your drone.
And after on the right top corner there will be a button which allows you to edit the name.

Guys i figured it out!

You turn on DJi go.
Then you go to ME tab on the bottom right.
After click on the current name of your drone.
And after on the right top corner there will be a button which allows you to edit the name.

Yes, that is how you change the user name but not the device (drone) name.
Sorry if I misunderstood your question. I assumed from the thread title that you wanted to change your drone (P3) name.

We've always been able to change the user name, just not the device (P3) name until the iOS GO v2.8.2 update in May.
Hopefully the android version will add the ability soon. It's already been more than 3 months!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31