Change the FC40 Cam SSID?

Reaction score
Can anyone figure out if its possible to change the SSID of the camera?
When logging into the camera via ip 192.168.1.1, there is a primitive folder structure and the camera looks to be powered by "Ambarella"

I see no admin link, but im sure its there somewhere.

I think if we change it it will give us an option to connect with another app
with more option. I saw on Banggood the same camera just unbranded and it was controlled with
Unieye app but when trying to connect to the fc40 cam with Unieye it says chose cam from wifi and doesnt connect.
It's looked somehow. probably has something to do with the SSID

When you connect to it with your laptop it's possible to logon using telnet (192.168.1.1). Username default no password. It's running some tiny linux type os. You should be able to change stuff there, however i doubt it will survive a reboot.

UPDATE:

ok, did a little more digging...

when you logon as user default, use the su command to obtain root privileges

The SSID is set by the /tmp/wifi/ap.conf script

Code:
while ! [ -e /tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl ]; do
usleep 200000
done
usleep 200000
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap ssid '"FC40_XXXXXXX"'
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap ch 9
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap sec '"open"'
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl p2p_enable_device
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl start_ap
echo start_ap

I've modified it so the SSID is FC40_REDNAX. Ran the ap.conf script and up popped an ap with the new name.. The app connects fine as long as the SSID starts with FC40_. Ofcourse you could change anything you want in the script.. change the channel or even set security :)

The videostream is here, however nothing on my pc will display it:

Code:
ffmpeg zegt:

rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'unknown'.
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live
Stream not seekable!
 file format detected.
Initiated "video/H264" RTP subsession on port 62128
Initiated "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" RTP subsession on port 62130
demux_rtp: Failed to guess the video frame rate
VIDEO:  [H264]  0x0  0bpp  0.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
FPS not specified in the header or invalid, use the -fps option.
Load subtitles in rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/

RedNax said:
When you connect to it with your laptop it's possible to logon using telnet (192.168.1.1). Username default no password. It's running some tiny linux type os. You should be able to change stuff there, however i doubt it will survive a reboot.

UPDATE:

ok, did a little more digging...

when you logon as user default, use the su command to obtain root privileges

The SSID is set by the /tmp/wifi/ap.conf script

Code:
while ! [ -e /tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl ]; do
usleep 200000
done
usleep 200000
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap ssid '"FC40_XXXXXXX"'
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap ch 9
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl cfg_ap sec '"open"'
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl p2p_enable_device
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/wpa_cli8 -iap0 -p/tmp/wifi/wpa_supplicant8_ctrl start_ap
echo start_ap

I've modified it so the SSID is FC40_REDNAX. Ran the ap.conf script and up popped an ap with the new name.. The app connects fine as long as the SSID starts with FC40_. Ofcourse you could change anything you want in the script.. change the channel or even set security :)

The videostream is here, however nothing on my pc will display it:

Code:
ffmpeg zegt:

rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'unknown'.
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/live
Stream not seekable!
 file format detected.
Initiated "video/H264" RTP subsession on port 62128
Initiated "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" RTP subsession on port 62130
demux_rtp: Failed to guess the video frame rate
VIDEO:  [H264]  0x0  0bpp  0.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
FPS not specified in the header or invalid, use the -fps option.
Load subtitles in rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/

Red -
awesome!

I'm no expert with linux commands, so I would have never known.
After you changed the SSID, did it survive the reboot?

Also, if you changed the FC40 cam to a Vision(+) naming convention, do you think the DJI extender would work with it?

One more question:
Can you post the commands you used to get tot he file and edit it?

so it looks like it runs busybox.

I cant seem to get ftpget working for me (cant get the file to transfer over to edit)

busybox is foreign territory to me

Well, the defacto standard editing tool on any linux flavour is vi. And you'll either love it or hate it :D

When you're logged on the the cam type the following:

su
vi /tmp/wifi/ap.conf

move your cursor to the first character after FC40_ and type cw (this is the change word command and will replace the current word with what you'll type next)

now type your preferred SSID and press ESC.

now type :wq!

Editing done.

run the script by typing /tmp/wifi/ap.conf and press enter

The app works so i'd expect the extender to work aswell, however i don't have one so can't be sure.
Unfortunately it did'nt survive a reboot. Further investigation needed to find a way.

Also the cam will shut itself down after a few minutes when the app isn't connected.

RedNax said:
Well, the defacto standard editing tool on any linux flavour is vi. And you'll either love it or hate it :D

When you're logged on the the cam type the following:

su
vi /tmp/wifi/ap.conf

move your cursor to the first character after FC40_ and type cw (this is the change word command and will replace the current word with what you'll type next)

now type your preferred SSID and press ESC.

now type :wq!

Editing done.

run the script by typing /tmp/wifi/ap.conf and press enter

The app works so i'd expect the extender to work aswell, however i don't have one so can't be sure.
Unfortunately it did'nt survive a reboot. Further investigation needed to find a way.

Also the cam will shut itself down after a few minutes when the app isn't connected.

I will take the cam to work to test with - along with my 3rd party extender.

As for the cam shutting down, I have a solution.
Install the FC40 app and connect to it with your smartphone. As long as you are connected to it, it will stay on.
This does not stop you from connecting to it via your pc wifi.

ok, just ran a few tests

I renamed the camera to FC200_012345
and renamed my extender to FC200_0repeat

the cam hooks up to the extender and the vision app accepts it as a connection. But it errors out on binding "Get repeater info failed"

mind you, i dont have an official dji extender to test with, so my current extender might just be incorrectly configured.

But the renaming of the camera - even if it is just temporary is a big plus. If the dji extender see's a valid name, we might be able to get a bit further (mac address binding might be needed)

but then again, if you use the FC40 app in conjunction with the dji extender, you might not need the extra qualification.

Simplified:
FC40 app > DJI Extender > FC40 camera

if anyone has the extender and fc40 camera and is willing to be a test subject, that would be great :)

gabimaor said:
I think if we change it it will give us an option to connect with another app
with more option. I saw on Banggood the same camera just unbranded and it was controlled with
Unieye app but when trying to connect to the fc40 cam with Unieye it says chose cam from wifi and doesnt connect.
It's looked somehow. probably has something to do with the SSID

The camera on Bang Good that has the copied Mobile Aeye HD ad slick will not run Unieye.

It s a copy of the Mobile Eye, using copied sales material, and will not fit the FC40 camera holder.

It also does not have the features advertised, nor does it come with the accessory items advertised

You can Telnet into the FC-40 camera . If it asks for a password, use the word "default" ( no quotes )

It runs a small unix type OS called cherokee. If you are a unix guru, it could be fun.

If anyone wants one of the knock-off cameras that Bangood is selling, PM me.

I will sell for less than they are listed on EBay with the copied sales info - which is the same one the
other Asian sources are selling with the copied sales info....

It is not the Mobile Eye from Aiptek that they are selling with the Aiptek sales info.

RedNax said:
The simplest way to prevent that is to press the record button. The battery will last well over an hour, plenty of time to poke around the embedded system.

Some of my own explorations in FC40 territory are here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6951&start=20

All these cameras are manufactured by some OEM I have found once, but now I can't seem to locate. The FC40, the Aiptek, the banggood. Besides linking it with a repeater, I think another goal may be to activate 5 Mpx photo shooting, as I don't believe the sensor is different from the other variants. I think the very shameful photo resolution is a deliberate cripple at the request of DJI, in order not to compete with the Vision.

Hi everone, if anyone who interested videostreaming here is the some answers
i have another brand camera but same with yours i think....

video stream controlled with http requests
you have to capture the http communication with camera and pc app

then follow this instructions
1. use curl and send the same requests with pc app
2. get session id (http session)
3. then send a request for streaming (streaming will start immediately)
4. (this is important) - send the keep streaming alive request every 10-15 seconds to keep the streaming open

--- sory my bad bad english.

here is the some sample curl commands
to start connection:
curl -v --user-agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .net clr 1.0.3705)" http://192.168.1.1/CGI/Finder timeout 1

to login:
curl -v --trace-ascii --user-agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .net clr 1.0.3705)" + Chr(34) + " --data password="if camera have login password type it here" http://192.168.1.1/CGI/CameraLogin?Device=Computer&Stream=HTTP_H264_HD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31