Change return to home point after takeoff?

Reaction score
I'm looking to do lots of flying over water and want to take off from a boat and chose a landing point on shore while staying out in the water myself. Where do I go in the app to change the return to home point after I've taken off? Thanks!

Reactions: Robman
I'm looking to do lots of flying over water and want to take off from a boat and chose a landing point on shore while staying out in the water myself. Where do I go in the app to change the return to home point after I've taken off? Thanks!
You have two choices, you can reset home to wherever your Phantom is or to wherever the controller is (if the tablet/phone has GPS)
If you want to make home over land, just fly your Phantom over to a point above where you want home to be (height doesn't matter) and reset to the Phantom's current location.
Make sure that the new point is away from the edge of the water because GPS accuracy is 2-3 metres most of the time and can be up to 10 metres occasionally.

Tap the icon to the right of the Home symbol in top left of the app screen and you should find it there in MC settings in the latest version of the app.
In older versions there was an icon on the main page of the app.

Reactions: Steven Ystebo
You have two choices, you can reset home to wherever your Phantom is or to wherever the controller is (if the tablet/phone has GPS)
If you want to make home over land, just fly your Phantom over to a point above where you want home to be (height doesn't matter) and reset to the Phantom's current location.
Make sure that the new point is away from the edge of the water because GPS accuracy is 2-3 metres most of the time and can be up to 10 metres occasionally.

Tap the icon to the right of the Home symbol in top left of the app screen and you should find it there in MC settings in the latest version of the app.
In older versions there was an icon on the main page of the app.

Great pice of information and tips. Cheers!

Anyone getting the "Gimble Motor Overlerload" error?
I just received my new P4 and I follow setup directions to upgrade to the following:

iOS App ver: 2.8.3
Aircraft ver: 01.01.0411
Remote ver: 1.6.0

I have yet to fly the P4 and have just been in simulator mode. An I am getting the following error:
Error message is "Gimble Motor Overload". I double checked to see if the gimble guard was removed and it was/is removed. When I first tilt the gimble using the remote, there is no error message. However, after moving the gimble a few times, I then get the gimble error.

Has anyone else encountered this error?

Last edited:
I just received my new P4 and I follow setup directions to upgrade to the following:

I have yet to fly the P4 and have just been in simulator mode. An I am getting the following error:
Error message is "Gimble Motor Overload". I double checked to see if the gimble guard was removed and it was/is removed. When I first tilt the gimble using the remote, there is no error message. However, after moving the gimble a few times, I then get the gimble error.

Instead of piggy backing your question on this thread I would suggest starting your own thread so more people can respond to your specific question.

Reactions: snowghost
I've had it a couple of times. I also noticed gimble was panning more one way than the other. I calibrated a couple gimble of times and not had the error since.
The only other times I've this error is if I'm taking off on grass and the gimble touches the grass slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you remo

Did you remove the foam block too?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl