Change p3s for p3a

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post, new to phatoms but defenetly not to drones.
So here goes.. i pick up my p3s tomorrow, with the price reduction on the p3a am thinking playing with it for 15 days then returning it and pay 150 more for the p3a.
I have absolutely no need to film in 4k and the p3a comes with everything except the 4k, which is just perfect.
Main reason is the lightbridge.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-02-12-47-07.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-02-12-47-07.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 382
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Why not just get the P3A if you have the flow. You will be smiling either way you go but I believe in getting the most from your money. ;)

Reactions: Jorgejim90
yeah like tj said, just go straight with the P3A. Im considering returning my P3S tomorrow for the P3A as well.

The p3a is quite nice the biggest advantage being signal and control which are far more sophisticated than the p3s.

Just exchanged the p3s for the p3a.. Waiting for everything to charge so i can get in the air!!

Did anyone buy recently through DJI? I've been trying today for 2 hours to buy the advanced and it keeps failing payment. Tried 2 different cards I know are good and used them yesterday. Maybe just busy.

Irritating.

Did anyone buy recently through DJI? I've been trying today for 2 hours to buy the advanced and it keeps failing payment. Tried 2 different cards I know are good and used them yesterday. Maybe just busy.

Irritating.
Hey dcm i didnt try to buy but ever since the 4k came out page is working oddly. I think it maybe an update.
But it from amazon, it comes from dji anyways and their prices are good.
P3p 1200.
P34k 999
P3a 849
P3a 718

To DCB, I went to the DJI web site early today and there was an announcement that they were doing a complete makeover on their web site today, so that may be your problem with your card. I would try tomorrow.

does anyone know if Best Buy will accept open Phantoms?

Yes if you put it back together in the box well. By well I mean everthing should be back in the box like it was when you received it. Power supply in its box, little extra bag in its box, etc. If you threw away lots of packing material possibly not, but Best Buy has a really good exchange policy. I have swapped TV's 3-4 times in a week at best buy to find the model that worked best in the lighting conditions in my den.

So here goes.. i pick up my p3s tomorrow, with the price reduction on the p3a am thinking playing with it for 15 days then returning it and pay 150 more for the p3a.
I have absolutely no need to film in 4k and the p3a comes with everything except the 4k, which is just perfect.
Any thoughts?
Don't even take it out of the box, just get the Advanced as soon as possible.

does anyone know if Best Buy will accept open Phantoms?
Yes they will as long as you have all the accessories otherwise they will charge you for the missing ones and still take it back. I bought the Standard when it was on sale at Sams club in November and was so unimpressed that I packed it up after a 10 minute flight and immediately took it back. The video is choppy, the flight distance is minimal, and the controller feels cheap.

Any thoughts?

Another idea is to get both, if I could swing it I would. It would be nice to have a standard to use for on the spot quick stuff (lower loss of value if I destroy it) and use the advanced when you have
P34K $799.P3A $799.P3S $499. - Why buy anywhere else? The only vendor with a DJI authorized repair center

Nice to hear B&H is authorized service center, that is who I go my Advanced, that was then exchanged for a Professional. Odd thing was they had no idea what a w322 was vs a w322a and I had to really talk to several people to make sure they did not send me old stock like they did on the Advanced (it was purchased as gift for me at end of November and was crazy old stock with firmware 1.19 on it).

According to DJI this is the only service center in the US:

United States
Drone Nerds

20614 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura Florida 33180

Mon-Fri 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM EST Sat 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

+1 786-708-7807

[email protected]
www.dronenerds.com

Last edited:
Yes true and send it to LA for service...
Unless you live in NYC you will still be sending it somewhere so whats your point?

Another idea is to get both, if I could swing it I would. It would be nice to have a standard to use for on the spot quick stuff (lower loss of value if I destroy it) and use the advanced when you have

According to DJI this is the only service center in the US:

United States
Drone Nerds

20614 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura Florida 33180

Mon-Fri 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM EST Sat 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

+1 786-708-7807

[email protected]
www.dronenerds.com

The US service center is exclusive to B&H customers so it is not advertised for the public. It makes dealing with repairs fast and simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj