Change max altitude of 500 meter

Reaction score
I know it illegal to fly above 400 but that is AGL, Ok, I have mountain behind me, for me to fly from here towards the mountain, I have to be in full climb and for me to get over the top I have to get up to 1600ft and I am barely over the tree tops on top it but 1640 is max i can get, some points on the mountain have to be around 2000' to get over it, is there a way to change the parameters for the max to get above the mtn?

500 meters is a hard-coded max. There is no way to change it.

you can change height it will come with a message warning
Right -- but, you cannot set it to a value greater than 500 meters.

so max is going to be 1640 feet ?

You got it.

Gotta climb that mountain huh? Fly up to max altitude and when you get a warning beep/message, hit the "return to home" button. When the bird is in RTH mode push left stick up to gain altitude (500m +)then cancel the RTH

Ah... yes... that was an interesting hack a while back.

If I had a nickel for every time this question was asked...

max1.JPG

Gotta climb that mountain huh? Fly up to max altitude and when you get a warning beep/message, hit the "return to home" button. When the bird is in RTH mode push left stick up to gain altitude (500m +)then cancel the RTH
Have you tried that yourself?
It doesn't work.

It doesn't work? I saw it on you tube! I'm working on long distance flying now and when I find a good spot for high altitude flying I was going to try it out. My bad, I should've tried it out myself before getting everybody all happy.

It doesn't work? I saw it on you tube! I'm working on long distance flying now and when I find a good spot for high altitude flying I was going to try it out. My bad, I should've tried it out myself before getting everybody all happy.
Clearly its fact then. Everything on the internet is true. Right?

Apparently it used to be true. And may still be depending on what firmware you have. But they fixed it in later firmware releases. I don't know which version it was removed in. Bet Mike knows though.

An alternative is if there IS a place to land up high (ie, mountain, bridge, building roof). You can land and take off again thus resetting your home position and fly 500m above that point. Rinse. Repeat. AFAIK, that still works. At least it does with the firmware version I am running. As to whether its legal to do so where you are flying is a different subject. Reset on a building no, probably not. Reset on a mountain, yea, probably legal.

I believe there still is a service ceiling of 6000m AMSL (19,685') due to atmosphere density. Not sure if the software will not allow it to pass that or if the lack of air density will prevent the props from providing enough lift. I live too close to sea level to get to 19k up to see first hand.

I believe there still is a service ceiling of 6000m AMSL (19,685') due to atmosphere density. Not sure if the software will not allow it to pass that or if the lack of air density will prevent the props from providing enough lift.
The software won't stop you, but DJI recommends against doing it.

I wasn't sure if there was a software ceiling or not. I presumed it was being limited by air density and the amount of lift the props could generate.

Here's the link that I watched on YouTubehttps://youtu.be/9NnW62aFaLE
I will check it out when I have a chance, since I have I have 1.5 on my RC / 1.7 on P3A. Yes I do agree not everything on the net is true. I do apologize for putting out info that I myself haven't tried.

Clearly its fact then. Everything on the internet is true. Right?

Apparently it........

Yes I do agree not everything on the net is true. I do apologize for putting out info that I myself haven't tried.

@insky
I'm not certain, but I believe @Wolfiesden was just being sarcastic, and funnin' with ya.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

@insky
I'm not certain, but I believe @Wolfiesden was just being sarcastic, and funnin' with ya.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I was. Thought I put a smily there. Sorry. Looks like I forgot it. My apologies sir.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20