Change CL and/or HL orientation during flight

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you can change CL and/or HL orientation while flying. Is this possible? I thought I read you flick the switch 4 or 5 times to reorient it. I tried but nothing seems to work.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Take off and the Phantom is in front of me flying away from me. (The usual). Now I fly it backwards over my head in the other direction. So I turn myself around to control it and I can't get CL to reverse itself. So now when I push the stick forward the Phantom is going in reverse.

Is what I am asking possible to do while in flight?

I am not sure what are you trying to do flying back over your head and turn around!
Anyway, here are how the CL and HL work:

If you get the heading direction locked in, then the CL will work.
If you get the home position locked in, the HL will work (providing that you keep 6 or more satellites locked in all along).
How do you know if you have those recorded?
Rapid 20 GREEN after the warm up but you than have to test it because it doesn't tell you if the recorded is for CL or HL or BOTH.
But once you ready to take off, if there is no RED flashes then most likely both CL & HL are locked in.
IF NOT, you can do that manually by flipping 4-5 time between OFF & CL for CL, confirmed by rapid GREEN.
Or flipping 4-5 times between CL & HL then back to OFF and again confirmed by rapid GREEN.
You can do the above by landing the Phantom or even in flight.
Now fly it 10 meters or more away and test to see if it reacts like it should do below:

CL-vs-HL-01_zpsfbf621ef.jpg

Just to add to what tanasit said,

flipping 4-5 times from Off-CL is to set forward direction (CL)
flipping 4-5 times from CL-HL is to set home point (HL)

For each procedure, make sure you get the 20 green LED flashes for confirmation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.