Chance of a lifetime - Any other stories?

Reaction score
I've had my p3a for about a month now and had my 1st chance of a lifetime opportunity. I took my 3a out to a local lake to fly do my first flight over water. As I started my flight, I hugged the water line, then went out about a quarter mile over the lake then flew over the dam to get some pics of the river below. As I was returning back to land, a man drove up on his motorcycle. He stated he was working outside and hear a loud bumble bee, then looked up and saw my p3. He was curious and intrigued about it. He asked the same questions like how much did it cost, range, what it could do, etc.... I was excited that he was interested and was showing him how it works and what it can do. After a good 10-15min conversation he asked if it was possible to get some arial pics of his house. I gladly said, Of Coarse, let me swap out the battery. I said, which house is yours, and he replied "the only one by the dam". I asked how he got to his house every day as it was on it's own little hill. He said his driveway was the dam. Wow, I replied and stated as after 9/11 all Dam's in Texas were restricted and off limits to anyone to walk/drive or get close to. He quickly replied to you want to get on the dam and I quickly said YES. He unlocked a huge heavy duty gate and allowed me to drive my truck on the dam. We stopped on the dam and I launched the bird from the dam. I got a lot of great video as well as some pics. I felt like a little kid again flying my p3a and being in the middle of a dam that was restricted was icing on the cake.

Has anybody else had a great opportunity present itself because of their Phantom? If so, please share your story

1.png

Why are dams restricted? It would take a hell of a lot to blow a dam they found that out in the war!
Great story though but it does sadden me how much our lives are restricted for unrealistic threats.
As to opportunities with the P3 I will shortly get to fly in a salt mine 600' below the surface - there are 150 miles of tunnels and each one is big enough to drive a double deck bus through!

Another knee jerk reaction by government, go figure. Flying below the earth sounds pretty sweet! Post a pic or two after flight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What a wonderful story. That pic is amazing. And how did you make yourself so small. Just kidding. Beautiful shot, congrats to for a great opportunity.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20