Challenge: FC40 Camera Teardown!

Reaction score
Anyone up for it? I wonder what it looks like when opened up.

I wonder if we can mod it?

I could crack open mine, but that means breaking it bad ;p Maybe we can find a dead one to use as a guinea pig

No need to tear down. The FCC ID should start with SS3. Go to the FCC site and do an ID search for that prefix. You can download the internal and external pics submitted to the FCC for FCC approval for sale in the US.

I opened mine up to take a look around and find why the wifi sucks so bad on it.
It looks pretty much like the internal pics in DJI FCC fileings. except for were the crappy antenna connection is. looks different then how they did it in the pics and documentation they sent to the fcc. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ ... -201309003 They must of decided it still worked a tiny bit better they they wanted it to and made a small change to make sure they didnt end up with there entrance price model having any composition with the vision 2

It seems it could just use a real antenna wired in with a real connection instead of it just touching the circuit board and held in place by its one tension. and what is used to receive the video on makes a big Difference to. I can get about 350 meters with a kindle fire that has pretty good wifi reception and thats even farther then I can get if using a Hawkins wifi repeater. Which only goes about 300 meters. SO by its self the kindle is blowing away the repeater. and only way I was able to get the repeater to get more range then the kindle can by its self is to add a signal booster and use ridicules big and cumbersome directional panel antenna on the repeater. and have to fuss with keeping the antenna aimed right at the phantom an I can get a about 450meters. and to even use the repeater with the amplifier had to turn its output power down to only be 10% So it will work with the amplifier/signal booster.. But too much gear to lug around and Bull crap for such little range. So I am planing to just toss the repeater out of the equation and put an external antenna jack on the kindle and then just use the 8watt signal booster and a onmi directional antenna. I have a 2.4ghz antenna that is supposed to give 6 kilometers range on the way. But hit a snap today on getting the jack installed on the kindle to test it with any other antennas. I dam connector is not a mini pci like all my pig tails I have are and once I pulled it off and looked at it its actually whats called an ultra mini pci or ultra mini IPX connector. and I'm havering a heck of a time finding any external pig tails that have that connector on it. I cant even solder on a regular mini pci connector being every thing is just to small and tight in the kindle to even get to it. So I'm going to have to wait to get the right cable. after I come back from my weekend camp out. Not getting that mod done today is going to vex me all weekend to. I atleast wanted to try it out and see if I could at least get 1000m fpv till my good antenna arrived. To I am not going to stop trying to crack that egg till my fpv range is at least as far as my flight range. Which I was able to get out 1,450meters or just over 9/10th of a mile the other night but turned around and came back and never lost signal from transmitter. So it should be able to go farther.

errr... im not authorized to view any of those pages.

"You are not authorized to access this page."

never mind.
Guess the gov website never heard of optimizing for chrome! IE works fine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic