Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

Geert said:
themosttoys said:
Sorry if this has been previously noted in another thread.

Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar

Unzip, run application, select H2-3D.

Will also need to install the control lever (you can test with the small screw driver shipped with the vision.)

This allows camera tilt control without having to release flight controls.

Thanks for the reply on the other thread.

Geert.

thanks !!

I have just use this hack in about a 1min and it works great and to put it back to work on the app is just as easy I think the gimbal works better with the hack then it does with the app :D

mem_ny said:
kingcat200 said:
Indeed no need to get the knife out at all just calibrate move the lever the full amount available ie 30 or so degrees in calibration mode and then you will get 100 percent output at the tilt.

Help me out guys. Can't get the proper range of motion. Under advanced, gimbal settings, max and min range is 1000 and -1000. Even with these ranges I only get about 25 degrees of motion. What am I missing?

Thx

UPDATED:

Reinstalled P2 Assistant and worked perfectly.

would be nice to get a screen shot of the settings in the app by someone
as once you put the exe file into the x86 dji folder and open the assistant the settings are all zero
I assume you check gimble on
I remember it was 1000 0 -1000
but don't remember the rest of settings for auto gain ,and speed

ZonComGMZ said:
I got mine working today. It only uses about 50% movement of the knob though even after calibrating. No big deal.
http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/3080578898_dgNp65x?width=640&height=360&noshare&nohome&nologo
That's a different setup than my P2V 7th channel. Mines a lever on the rear of the controller. Yours looks like a rheostat.
7.jpg

Skipholiday said:
ZonComGMZ said:
I got mine working today. It only uses about 50% movement of the knob though even after calibrating. No big deal.
http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/3080578898_dgNp65x?width=640&height=360&noshare&nohome&nologo
That's a different setup than my P2V 7th channel. Mines a lever on the rear of the controller. Yours looks like a rheostat.
7.jpg

I put a 5K Linear Pot on front and removed the Pot inside so I can control it from the front of the controller.

ZonComGMZ said:
I put a 5K Linear Pot on front and removed the Pot inside so I can control it from the front of the controller.
cool, I thought it was a different version. :-/ P2V V2r2.3

ZonComGMZ said:

I'd love to do that to mine. Difficulty factor? Do you have any part information on the Pot you installed? Great idea, BTW... :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
ZonComGMZ said:

I'd love to do that to mine. Difficulty factor? Do you have any part information on the Pot you installed? Great idea, BTW... :D

-slinger

Basic soldering skills. HOWTO video (german) http://youtu.be/XTUSqNtt7bM

It's pretty much:
1) Take the transmitter apart
2) remove upper Pot
3) Solder wire to the board
4) Connect Pot (100k ohm) to the wires (middle pot leg to middle pot leg)
5) Calibrate
6) Reassemble

Did it to mine took about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overheat the board though.

gunslinger said:
ZonComGMZ said:

-slinger
There is another thread with video and part numbers. It's bookmared on my home PC. I'll look it up later if you can't find it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just finish installing the lever and recalibrating after activating the lever. What a great tip. Whoever first discovered this is a genius. Great fix. Two question, thou:

1. Is there anyway to take care of the lag? because of the short travel, there seem to be quite a bit of lag in gimbal response.
2. Any danger of binding the servo by not being able to see how far you are tilting?

Also, is there a way to slightly reduce the camera travel to avoid stressing the servo? Seems like after calibrating the lever, changes in the gimbal travel end points have no effect.

shaun27 said:
I don't know about the rest of you but am really liking this 7th channel its so much easier to use then the app :D
indeed, and I know some are changing the location, personally I like it on the back. I can have all fingers on all kobs at all times.

Skipholiday said:
shaun27 said:
I don't know about the rest of you but am really liking this 7th channel its so much easier to use then the app :D
indeed, and I know some are changing the location, personally I like it on the back. I can have all fingers on all kobs at all times.

I got the DJI lever with you know goes on the back which I like as I don't have to take my thumbs of the control's so I can move in any direction and still have full control on the tilt of the camera without having to mess about with the app

DKDarkness said:
gunslinger said:
ZonComGMZ said:

-slinger

Basic soldering skills. HOWTO video (german) http://youtu.be/XTUSqNtt7bM

It's pretty much:
1) Take the transmitter apart
2) remove upper Pot
3) Solder wire to the board
4) Connect Pot (100k ohm) to the wires (middle pot leg to middle pot leg)
5) Calibrate
6) Reassemble

Did it to mine took about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overheat the board though.

Awesome... Thank you, sir...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic