Ch7 Gimbal control with stock camera

gfredrone said:
Count said:
By the way, I have tried 3 different off brand levers, and the DJI. The DJI is BY FAR the best. The 3d printed ones come with a plastic shaft, and the metal one comes with no method of attaching to the transmitter case. Don't skimp here!

Do you have a link to purchase the DJI lever? Thanks!

+1

Even though I already ordered I wonder if this workaround will work with the Rotorpixel gimbal. Has anyone asked Keri about this?

gfredrone said:
Even though I already ordered I wonder if this workaround will work with the Rotorpixel gimbal. Has anyone asked Keri about this?

While I can't speak for Keri, all this does is swap where the control signal comes from (app vs ch7) so since the Rotorpixel can tilt from the app this should also work.

To the OP, THE MOST TOYS, where or how did you find this software. It is like it came out of nowhere! Thanks; it works great!

Count said:
I bought mine on Ebay. Only $2.00 shipping and fast delivery. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-TRA ... v4exp=true

Ugh... mine is coming from HK (6-7 days) and I paid $1.75 more. Oh well...

themosttoys said:
gfredrone said:

While I can't speak for Keri, all this does is swap where the control signal comes from (app vs ch7) so since the Rotorpixel can tilt from the app this should also work.

Makes sense.

Count said:
To the OP, THE MOST TOYS, where or how did you find this software. It is like it came out of nowhere! Thanks; it works great!

This is actually old news, I just happened to be the 1st to post it on this forum (honestly I thought it already had been, but when I searched I came up empty, so I posted it.)

Back in late December, when the P2 (non-vision) first shipped, the 1.08 firmware caused a problem where all P2's looked like P2V's. One of the side effects of this was that the P2 H3-2D's stopped responding to CH7 control. DJI released a "fix" (aka, this package).

This is one of the threads from back then http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2724 Read to the end and you will see where it was successfully tested on P2V's

I had forgotten all about it until reading some of the gimbal discussions in this forum, then someone reminded everyone of the fix in this thread : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2019429

dave21 said:
For me it works fine. However i dont have my lever. U must know that u wont be able to tilt the cam via app. Its either ... or ... . It seem the software switches your P2V to P2 mode, thats all and no need to be worried about. But u can allways switch back to P2V and use your app. Its a pity DJI didnt do that factory setup.

I'm betting they didn't set this up factory because they plan on releasing their own multi axis gimbal for the FC200 with the tilt lever in the future. Actually I know they are working on one right now per an email I received from them but no timeline was given and I can't wait. Thus Rotorpixel gets my business.

I just ordered the lever. Do you have to open the RC to install the lever, or does it install from the outside?

Yes, you do ned to open the transmitter to insall the lever. However, it is childs play at worst.... To the OP: Thanks so much for this. You have no idea how much talk and speculation there has been about 'how to do this". I litterlly have plugged servos into every convieveable output inside of the P2v trying to get a response to the lever. I am headed home soon from work, and will adjust it in the software, and be ready to fly in the AM!

So we now have a way to choose between App or Controller Lever (Pot) to control the tilt of the P2V servo. Now all we need is to find out how we can have that control the pitch in a gimbal that costs less than $500 (GoodluckBuy, Arris, Tarot, DYS etc...)

CunningStuntFlyer said:
ZonComGMZ said:
Now all we need is to find out how we can have that control the pitch in a gimbal that costs less than $500 (GoodluckBuy, Arris, Tarot, DYS etc...)

Folks have been controlling the pitch of those gimbals via the 7th channel for many months. Connections vary depending upon gimbal/control board.

I only know of the Rotopixel, DroneXpert & Ivi Gimbals working on the P2V. Which other gimbals are there for the P2V that can be controlled by the 7th channel?

my part comes this week it look like its only a 5mini job to fit then its just waiting for the right day to try it out. if it works with the rotorpiexl gimbal then that's even better

this is sweet.So much easier to control the camera. Thanks OP.

kingcat200 said:
Indeed no need to get the knife out at all just calibrate move the lever the full amount available ie 30 or so degrees in calibration mode and then you will get 100 percent output at the tilt.

Help me out guys. Can't get the proper range of motion. Under advanced, gimbal settings, max and min range is 1000 and -1000. Even with these ranges I only get about 25 degrees of motion. What am I missing?

Thx

UPDATED:

Reinstalled P2 Assistant and worked perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik