CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

ResevorDG said:
UPDATE:

I just downgraded to v1.08

The 3rd axis on the gimbal does indeed work just fine. It will be a few days before I am able to do the 7th channel hack as I need to get a windows computer from my buddy.

I have also not done extensive flight testing but my limited test show that everything is fine.
If there is a problem I can just go back to 2.0 or 3.0.

awesome news..glad you did a successful downgrade! looking forward to knowing if 7ch works or not..

Well the news is not so good.

I tried the 7th channel hack with the + and v1.08
Then the hack worked until I turned on the iPhone.

Once the iPhone app turned on the hack stopped working all together. It did not even work once the app was off :(
So basically it has less functionality than 3.0
I did not try software v2.0 but I don't have high hopes for that working.

Not sure what to do now except start a letter writing campaign to DJI.

ResevorDG said:

Once the iPhone app turned on the hack stopped working all together. It did not even work once the app was off :(

wtf.. i would have lost that bet.. are you using the old version of the app?

tizzl10 said:
ResevorDG said:

No I'm using the new app. Good point on that.
I will have to try downgrading the old app I have never done that but I hear it can be done.

ResevorDG said:
tizzl10 said:
ResevorDG said:

yes, i did it the other day. i bet it will work once you revert to the older app. oh wait, i see you are using the iphone. i did it on my android tablet fairly easily. the hardest part was finding a copy of the old app online.
I will have to try downgrading the old app I have never done that but I hear it can be done.

yes, i did it the other day. i bet it will work once you revert to the older app. oh wait, i see you are using the iphone. i did it on my android tablet fairly easily. the hardest part was finding a copy of the old app online.

So if you use the old app the 7th channel works?
Do you have to run old software and do the hack as well or do you just run the old app?

I would consider buying an android mini tablet to get this working.

ResevorDG said:

So if you use the old app the 7th channel works?
Do you have to run old software and do the hack as well or do you just run the old app?

I would consider buying an android mini tablet to get this working.

no, what I mean is I downgraded to the older version app on android. going to see if I can do the same with my iphone now.

Until DJI gives us a firmware tool to do this, I think it's a dead horse guys.

After looking inside the Plus, I see its not at all like simply adding a multi-axis gimbal to a P2V.
It appears that the DJI Borg have assimilated the Plus, and it's lever-tilt control is off someplace with Jean-Luc ......... :(

Flyer91 said:
Until DJI gives us a firmware tool to do this, I think it's a dead horse guys.

After looking inside the Plus, I see its not at all like simply adding a multi-axis gimbal to a P2V.
It appears that the DJI Borg have assimilated the Plus, and it's lever-tilt control is off someplace with Jean-Luc ......... :(

yep. its weird. today i downgraded the plus firmware to 1.08 and the app to the older version 1.0.38. still no-go on the 7ch. matter of fact, the app tilt didnt work either. Went back to the latest and greatest firmware and app. I dont understand why 7ch works up until the point you turn on the app. I now suspect the block is occurring in either the camera firmware or the gimbal firmware...probably the latter.

Yeah it's kind'a weird ... I mean even the way the lever does have 'some' inconsistent/intermittent control is funky.
Anyway ... they sure stuffed the inside of the main housing with more parts!

BTW: When doing your work with the 3.0 Assistant did you also notice the 'unannounced' main board firmware update (to version V1.0.1.27) was added in there as a new choice under tyhe "Upgrade" menu, and is available for us?
Nothing on the DJI app news channel, nor the DJI download page about it at all, yet there is it .......
Also ..... nothing in it's release notes about the Ch7 lever either ...... :cry:

Flyer91 said:
Yeah it's kind'a weird ... I mean even the way the lever does have 'some' inconsistent/intermittent control is funky.

BTW: When doing your work with the 3.0 Assistant did you also notice the 'unannounced' main board firmware update (to version V1.0.1.27) was added in there as a new choice under tyhe "Upgrade" menu, and is available for us?
Nothing on the DJI app news channel, nor the DJI download page about it at all, yet there is it .......
Also ..... nothing in it's release notes about the Ch7 lever either ...... :cry:

no, i didnt notice that. i will hook it back up in the morning to see if i got it or not.

tizzl10 said:
Flyer91 said:

no, i didnt notice that. i will hook it back up in the morning to see if i got it or not.

As I recall .... it's just an added/new/modified (???) self check at start-up, and maybe something else .......
I didn't pay a lot of attention to it .... just went ahead and did the update, concentrating more on to trying to see if there was a way to get Ch7 to work.
IMHO: That's going to take a good hack, or cooperation from DJI to make it happen.
I'd much prefer the later.

There already is a new update (it provides a new/different/modified (???) self check before startup and is V1.0.1.27 (up from the shipped V1.0.1.25).
Each person needs to decide if they want to update at the head of the heard. ;)

Yes, you should calibrate your Tx sticks in the RC Assistant, then once done, Connect the Phantom and run the Phantom Assistant and calibrate the Tx sticks again.
You are calibrating the Tx sticks, then calibrating the calibrated Tx sticks to the Phantom when you do it that way.

If after time....you see that the Phantom is drifting away in a direction with your hands off the sticks (not the circular 'toilet bowl' effect in a hover that indicates a compass calibration is needed) then repeate both the RC Assistant and the Phantom Assistant Tx stick calibration routines again.

Flyer91 said:
There already is a new update (it provides a new/different/modified (???) self check before startup and is V1.0.1.27 (up from the shipped V1.0.1.25).
Each person needs to decide if they want to update at the head of the heard. ;)

Yes, you should calibrate your Tx sticks in the RC Assistant, then once done, Connect the Phantom and run the Phantom Assistant and calibrate the Tx sticks again.
You are calibrating the Tx sticks, then calibrating the calibrated Tx sticks to the Phantom when you do it that way.

If after time....you see that the Phantom is drifting away in a direction with your hands off the sticks (not the circular 'toilet bowl' effect in a hover that indicates a compass calibration is needed) then repeate both the RC Assistant and the Phantom Assistant Tx stick calibration routines again.
great i'll do it right out of the box. tx, then p2v+ with tx. then compass calibrate, then fly. thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik