CF Landing Skids

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Has anyone out there installed the Carbon Fiber landing skids? I dis and now having issues with it. Here is the problem, after I installed them I took the Phantom out, re calibrated the compass and as soon as I was airborne the Phantom was all over the place, It would not go into a stable hover. So I re-calibrated the compass and the same thing happened. Then I remember about the CF and electronics. I know when I was flying my Heli’s there was some talk about the interference that CF has with some electronics. So I went back to the OEM skids and th eproblem went away. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and what did you do to correct it, besides going back to the OEM skids.
I appreciate your comments.

Rick

Where did you install the compass on the new landing sticks? That may be the problem.

dptcalvin said:
Where did you install the compass on the new landing sticks? That may be the problem.

+1 that's usually the issue if you mounted compass on an angle on new skids. What most members using aftermarket landgear (skid type) are doing is cutting old landing gear, saving old compass section and mounting that injunction w/new skids.

Hey Guys,

I took your suggestion and cut the old landing skid and installed it on the Phantom. I then placed the compass at the end of it.
I re cal'd the compass and perfect. Flying back to normal.

Thanks again to all for your help..

Rick

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj