central florida

Then I would "Guess" that is considered income and you could be sued for that amount. The part that needs to be noted is, if you are flying over their property. Which as a photographer I can take pictures of your house from the street and don't have to get your permission. However I can't take a picture of you (on the public street) without your permission - to be used for making money

I live in Oviedo as well rudedog... small world. I read the Cliff Notes version of the law and if you are deliberately documenting people and or private property (without their permission) using either video or photos, then yes, you can be prosecuted. But if you are just flying about and not documenting someone's property or surveilling people, then your flight should not be actionable in a court of law. I fear there will have to be a test case (re: lawyers making money on both sides of the issue) to prove that point. There are a lot of drone haters out there, lot of black helicopter types, and people who wear aluminum foil hats on their heads. I fly over my house all the time, I pan about and can see hundreds of homes, but I don't surveil anyone nor do I document them without their permission. What frosts me is that under the guise of "journalism" TV stations don't hesitate to surveil people and their property via manned helicopter all the time, matter of fact last night they had a helo documenting a dead man being brought out of his crashed truck last night's news here... shameful... that was not newsworthy and smacks of yellow journalism.

Reactions: N017RW
Agree Bert. I printed out the new law and carry it with me when I'm out flying.

For those around Central Florida, a great place to fly (when they re-re-fix the turn about) is the boat ramp off State Road 50 just past Christmas (heading East).

Here is a short video from earlier in the year For those around Oviedo, you may have seen me and my car around town.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(PS you should not be afraid to fly over water :) )

For those around Central Florida, a great place to fly (when they re-re-fix the turn about) is the boat ramp off State Road 50 just past Christmas (heading East).

Here is a short video from earlier in the year For those around Oviedo, you may have seen me and my car around town.

(PS you should not be afraid to fly over water :) )[/QUOTE

(PS you should not be afraid to fly over water :) )
rudedog, you must've seen my Xterra around, it's hard to miss, bright yellow with iDRONE magnet signs all around it.
I did not know of that boat ramp though I'd have to say you never want it to go into the water... ever. Don't ask me how I know, I just know.
I've been chased out of a couple places already, flown over in Daytona beach, downtown Orlando, and there's a field east of Oviedo at a trailhead
that I fly at but I'm getting tired of flying over grass... trees... snakes.

I flew over the St. Johns and shot an airboat leaving the lone cabbage fish camp ( I think that's what its called) and traffic passing on a bridge over the river.
Carrying a printout of the law is a good idea though Johnny Law may not be so accommodating to read it before he gives you a new pair of bracelets.

I have and was wondering "what the guy in that truck is flying" :)

That's classified, you don't have a "need to know". LOL
P2 v.3 with H3-3D and GoPro Hero 3+ and custom installed DJI Ground Station hardware for aerial surveying.
P3P with 4K camera.

What are you flying?

So I just read the actual Florida SB766 that went into effect July 1st and it states:
"Surveillance by a Drone: Prohibiting a person, a state agency, or a political subdivision from using a drone to capture an image of privately owned real property or of the owner, tenant, occupant, invitee, or licensee of such property with the intent to conduct surveillance without his or her written consent if a reasonable expectation of privacy exists; authorizing the use of a drone by a person or entity engaged in a business or profession licensed by the state in certain circumstances, etc."
So you have to have the INTENT to conduct surveillance in order to be in violation of this law but it allows for the use of drones for business "...in certain circumstances, etc." So if you get hired to shoot aerials of a house or piece of land, then you're okay. But that "etc." at the end is the sign of poor law-making... etc. is open-ended and can mean anything, so they left themselves a legal "out" with that "etc."
I don't know if that clears things up.

P2 V3 with H3-3D GoPro 4+ With all the DJI accessories Mini OSD/5.8 link... (FPV)

Some say the law was to protect citizens from misinformed/guided police departments and other gov. agencies but who really knows until someone is brought to court and there is legal precedent on how they interpret it.

Thanks guys. It does ease my mind a little with some of these clarifications but then again I don't want to be the guinea pig. I can just see my retired neighbor getting all bent out of shape that my drone is buzzing around overhead minding my own business. I guess I will just have to make my waypoints precisely down the middle of my street. ;)

Never owning a drone, how loud are these quads? Once you get 75-100 ft in the air, are they hard to hear?

Thanks guys. It does ease my mind a little with some of these clarifications but then again I don't want to be the guinea pig. I can just see my retired neighbor getting all bent out of shape that my drone is buzzing around overhead minding my own business. I guess I will just have to make my waypoints precisely down the middle of my street. ;)

Never owning a drone, how loud are these quads? Once you get 75-100 ft in the air, are they hard to hear?
Above 50 feet they start to become quiet and at 100 feet pretty much silent. Up close, it's the sound level of a battery powered grass trimmer.

Miami here new to the phantom 3 only a few months now still trying to sort out fuzzy video issues and stuff. Would love to meet up and get some tips.

Short video I made yesturday

I also live in Oviedo. In the Black Hammock area. Would be an awesome place to fly. Ordering a P3P this Friday!

Crashed my P2 into the ocean out in Panama City over the weekend. I have 5 spare batteries and 3 chargers if anyone needs some spares.

New P3P arrived yesterday

Yeah man...I'm in orange city anyone want to meet up sometime in the near future?

Phantom 3 pro
Phantom 3 advanced
Yuneec 4k
Blade 200qx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.