Central Colorado Video Diary

Reaction score
Hi!

First of all, thanks to all for contributing to a great site. I've gleaned an amazing amount of info here without contributing a thing while shopping for a Phantom, learning the basics, etc...

I'll use this thread as a parking spot for quick videos in the future.

Here's a recap of the last few months:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good cuts. Love he snow in the trees. Hoping to get similar shots now that it's snowing in the mountains of Southern California!

Awesome! Love the shot of the brewery! We have some amazing beer here in Colorado don't we? I'm guessing you are near Salida/Buena Vista/SouthPark? I'm just east in Woodland Park.

CrankYanker from Eddyline is one of my weekly buys!

Dian-Doan...lol Wonder what's correct? :D

I flew the other day in the 20's. My iPhone battery went real quick though...

I did a bunch of flying around Boulder at ~5 degrees or so. Everything was fine other than a couple occurrences of the dreaded "critical voltage" warning. This was before the latest firmware update, I haven't had that problem since. Everything continues to work properly when it does that, but it sure wakes you up.

I did tweak the colors for some of the scenes very slightly in post. Can the Phantom's camera even record in LOG mode?

Gotcha. Just did some reading on that. I definitely need to tweak a bunch of the settings. I have a huge struggle with everything coming out way too sharp, it seems like this is common with this camera, and looks borderline ridiculous on a big screen.

While I'm not in your neck of the woods, I'm very interested in the temperature discussion. First, let me say your video is beautiful, thanks for sharing!! Next, out of curiosity, do the cold temps have any impact from your experience on the overall signal from remote to drone? I'm still new to everything, but it appears to me when flying in very cold conditions, my signal strength drops significantly the further out I fly. I'm guessing it relates to the temp, but not 100%. Sure. What are your impression? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All I can say is my iPhone battery went SO fast when it was cold. It did not like that...

Very cool shots - especially the water and the tight shots in the snowy trees. The shots with foreground objects are most interesting but I lack the courage and skill to get much of that as of yet. Thanks for sharing.

While I'm not in your neck of the woods, I'm very interested in the temperature discussion. First, let me say your video is beautiful, thanks for sharing!! Next, out of curiosity, do the cold temps have any impact from your experience on the overall signal from remote to drone? I'm still new to everything, but it appears to me when flying in very cold conditions, my signal strength drops significantly the further out I fly. I'm guessing it relates to the temp, but not 100%. Sure. What are your impression? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I had a reply written up a few days ago but it obviously didn't get posted.
I don't really think the cold has any huge effect on signal strength personally, but it's hard to say. Most of my flying is around tons of trees, mountains, huge disparities in elevation, etc... I never see even remotely similar range to what people boast about on here. So if I'm losing signal strength on account of the temperature, I can't tell. The Phantom batteries don't seem to struggle too much with the temps, but the Samsung Tab S that I use does, but it doesn't seem to have the greatest battery life in the first place.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm a neophyte still, but do a lot of reading and have a couple good photographer friends that make good sources of advice. The best tip I repeatedly get is to keep your clips and sequences short. Really short. It's hard, but few have the attention span to watch more than a minute or two of fairly boring aerial video.

Here are a couple stills, more new video coming soon.

DJI_0082_zpsi4wgpxry.jpg

DJI_0057_zpsiv6p6q7v.jpg

DJI_0055_zpsp3q0e6sy.jpg

Reactions: Jesse_M
Source footage for a couple of shots in the first vid I shared:

Reactions: Jesse_M
Source footage for a couple of shots in the first vid I shared:

All quite good, the last few clips are really fantastic!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31