Center of Gravity

Reaction score
Has anyone experimented much with modifying the CG settings in the NAZA Assistant to compensate for having a camera hanging slightly forward on the Phantom? If so, how many cm adjustment did you use? Seems like a trial and error scenario, depending on the camera type, weight, and placement.

nope havnt tried that mine flys fine with the gopro hero hd mounted under it , i think the naza flight controller compensates for it, flys nice and level with no drift. Flew it today in 15 mph winds did just fine.

No CG adjustment needed because the Naza controller will take care of that for you. I tested that by strapping a 3000 mAh battery pack on one leg, pulling the CG way off to one side. The hover is still perfectly level. :)

Hi,
I have same issue I use stock motors and props, with ebay gimbal hero 2. during take off phantom tilt forward and crush. once craft is airboren ther is no problem. in differents forums they suggest to take off in ATTI mode the swiching GPS mode after airborne. an other proposition is to give more throttle during take off. how do you resolv it ?

Just punch it off the ground... don't try to lift off too slowly.
If your left-stick is self-centering, then once you have started the motors, apply just a touch of up-throttle, wait for the revs to pick up, then punch the throttle for a moment to clear the ground, then immediately throttle back to a gentle climb rate.

Sac D said:
Has anyone experimented much with modifying the CG settings in the NAZA Assistant to compensate for having a camera hanging slightly forward on the Phantom? If so, how many cm adjustment did you use? Seems like a trial and error scenario, depending on the camera type, weight, and placement.

I put a -1 in the X coordinate for CG. It seemed to help take offs by not tilting as far forward as it lifted off. I then tried -2 and it behaved the same as -1, so I left it at -1. The units are in cm. and suppose to represent the difference between actual CG and the geometric center of the aircraft. Try it on yours and see what you think.

My GPS mounting numbers are currently for x/y/z: 999cm/-999cm/-999cm. I can't get them to make any difference at all in flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl