Cellphone holder on remote loose

Reaction score
I have a note 4 on my remote control and the bracket that holds the phone seems loose. I tried tightening the 2 screws and the thumb screw but it still loosens up. Is mine the only one that does this? Seems a little flimsy to me. Time for a redesign.

I had the same problem with the bracket holding my Ipad Air to the remote on my P3P. The plastic mount was wobbly no matter how tight I could get it. Problem was easily resolved by replacing the plastic mount with the aluminum mount intended for the Inspire drone. A bolt on replacement that DJI should have put on the Phantom series. Made a huge difference in the stability of my Ipad and takes only a moment to mount.
P1020325.JPG

There may be some lower-cost 3id party solutions, but I also installed the Inspire mount and am now completely happy with the mount's stability.

Reactions: ronmcq
I have a note 4 on my remote control and the bracket that holds the phone seems loose. I tried tightening the 2 screws and the thumb screw but it still loosens up. Is mine the only one that does this? Seems a little flimsy to me. Time for a redesign.
I have a note 3 and just really tightened up everything. It doesn't move. I check it when I charge up the batteries and have had to retighten a couple of times but it works fine with no wobble. Others have used loc-tite but I just consider it preflight maintenance and it only takes a few seconds to check before a flight.

I used nail polish.

If that fails, get the aluminium as proposed by @msinger and @ronmcq

I had the same problem with the bracket holding my Ipad Air to the remote on my P3P. The plastic mount was wobbly no matter how tight I could get it. Problem was easily resolved by replacing the plastic mount with the aluminum mount intended for the Inspire drone. A bolt on replacement that DJI should have put on the Phantom series. Made a huge difference in the stability of my Ipad and takes only a moment to mount.
View attachment 39715

Is there anywhere else to get these? All I see are ones from China and I tried looking on the DJI websight but cannot find one.

panamino, I just bought the Jrelics mount from Amazon. It doesn't look as nice as the Inspire 1 mount, but it's just as sturdy. Here's a comparison between the Jrelics mount (on the left) and the Inspire 1 mount (on the right):

Compare.jpg

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr