Cell Tower Interference

Reaction score
I ran a search in the P3 forums & was unable to find anything about interference issues with cell towers & the P3's. A park not far from me just had a new cell tower erected & it sparked my curiosity.

I flew an fc40 that had the 5.3Ghz freq with no issues around but at distance from cell towers. The P2 ran on 2.4 Ghz & many had issues around these towers. Since the P3's are on the 2.4Ghz are they susceptible to the same issues the P2 had being on the same freq's or were modifications made to prevent issues.

I like towers :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From an RF point of view the risk would seem to be limited to the cell signals (interference) lowering the signal-to-noise ratio and cause the Phantom to RTH for esentially [controller] signal loss.

So long as your RTH height is sufficient, it should head home!

What frequency do cell phones use?
There are two common frequency bands that all cell phone carriers use. The Cellular band commonly referred to as 1900 uses the frequencies 1850-1990. The other band is PCS which is the 800 MHz band uses frequencies in the 824-894 range.

What frequency do cell phones use?
There are two common frequency bands that all cell phone carriers use. The Cellular band commonly referred to as 1900 uses the frequencies 1850-1990. The other band is PCS which is the 800 MHz band uses frequencies in the 824-894 range.

No. There are way more bands than that allocated to cellular use. LTE alone has over 40 depending on where you are. LTE frequency band

ZZ Top, great song and video. Saw them at the Grand in Gulfport Dirk.

Hmm. Glad I brought up this issue. Now anyone worried about it can make they're own determination regarding the possibility of any interference. Thanks to the many responses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers