Cell Phone Transmission Towers

Reaction score
Had somebody today to tell me to Stay away from any Cell phone transmission towers .
They put out a tremendous amount of energy.

He was saying that the signal of the Radio Frequency on the Drone would loose connection.
And you will not be powering your drone anymore.

And the Real Big Power lines. To stay away from them also.
Was saying those 2 things are a good way to loose the Phantom .
Immediately said Thanks for reminding me about that.
I'm studying everything, and I didn't want to hit any. But I didn't stop and think about flying near them if I was in a Field.

This is something for new people like myself to think about oh. !

I keep hearing about somebody loosing their drones and wonder why.

Had somebody today to tell me to Stay away from any Cell phone transmission towers .
They put out a tremendous amount of energy.
Cell phone towers and powerlines get blamed for a lot more trouble than they actually create.
It's a good idea to stay a safe distance but they aren't as bad as you've been told.
I keep hearing about somebody loosing their drones and wonder why.
It's usually something simple like flying behind a building or a hill, or flying downwind high up in a strong wind - simple things that are easily prevented if you are aware of the risks and fly appropriately.

There can be very strong electro magnetic interference especially from power lines which will interfere with your compass. Cell towers do radiate very high power compared to your transmitter and although not on exactly the same frequency could easily "block" your receiver. I would not risk getting close to either

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JWH
I'm curious... I've read some articles where some Cell Phone companies are using Drones to do tower inspections. Does anyone know if they are using something to insulate their Drone from such interferences? Like I said, I'm just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers