Cell Phone Goggles...

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been lurking for a while, but decided since my P2V should arrive today I would start posting...

In reading and research, I learned the fatshark devices don't work with the Vision. Thinking about who my phone has HDMI output, I tried to find a google that had an HDMI input, I didn't find anything yet. Then, I got to thinking. The phone is not wired to anything, maybe a goggle that holds the phone itself would work? A few of these go for the Oculus Rift Style 3d vision, which I suspect wouldn't be that great for flying? Has anyone gotten to experimenting with something like this?

Maybe I'm not googleing the right jargon then, I sure didn't have much luck. I guess I was looking in the world of FPV googles, for the light blocking aspect...

Vithar said:
Which one?

Durovis Div, the other one is not out yet. Looks cool and plenty for FPV flying. I mean all I want is the cool experience of flying FPV that is all.

Fatshark is coming out with goggles with HDMI input but that will require cabling and gear, this is nothing but the goggles and your on cell. Awesome idea.

amrflyingdude said:
Vithar said:
Which one?
Durovis Div, the other one is not out yet. Looks cool and plenty for FPV flying. I mean all I want is the cool experience of flying FPV that is all.

Doesn't seem clear if it'll work with standard apps, or just special ones?
Otherwise looks similar to the failed kickstarter one.

gpauk said:
amrflyingdude said:
Vithar said:
Which one?

Doesn't seem clear if it'll work with standard apps, or just special ones?
Otherwise looks similar to the failed kickstarter one.

That is the tricky part. From what I am reading this is makes your phone a 3d experience thingy. Would it work with regular apps? I will write them and ask!

gpauk said:
There are plenty of HDMI goggles... The Zeiss cinemizer is a popular one.
Someone had a phone holder with lens goggle setup on kickstarter, but it didn't meet it's minimum...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1618235783/xcope-virtual-and-augmented-reality-headset-for-sm?ref=live
Hello all, brand new to all of this but am desperate to extend range and fly fpv with P2V. In searching for goggles, I came across these http://itvgoggles.com/details.asp?productID=64. Curious if anyone has thoughts on something like this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20