Cell damage after only 27 charges?!

Unbelievable! DJI isn't any help at all. Not even a discount on my next battery?! Shame I'm not buying anymore battery's unless they come with a better warranty than 6 months. $167 wasted I'm so pissed.
image.png

What also sucks, is I just remembered and looked up the email saying they shipped it June 26th via ups, and they usually take a week, so I didn't get that battery until July!

Last edited:
Continue your conversation with DJI. Tell them everything you are telling us. Call them to explain at US support (818) 235-0789. Stay positive and respectful when talking with them. Also in the future log all your flights to HealthyDrones to establish baselines.

Reactions: emoney609
The battery is faulty. Did you buy it used? $167.00 is not the going rate for a new battery

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Keep working DJI

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI has emailed me asking for my address and other information. To send me a RMA number to return the battery for repair. I emailed them all my info, now waiting for a follow up email or something in the mail. Been almost a week and still haven't got a response. Hopefully I don't have to email them again to remind them. Lol I bought that battery brand new, from Drones Etc.

March 4th after I sent them my battery, story, and followed all the directions they asked. I get this email asking me to pay $150 for repairs, since it's out of warranty.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463654839.607355.jpg
and I emailed them again, explaining the same story again!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463655421.441297.jpg
then today I've decided to email them again, since I want my battery back, with or without the bad cell, unbelievable! It says clearly in the email that if I don't pay within 7 days, they will return the battery without repairing it. It's been 2 months and still no battery. They better find it or give me a new one!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463655703.990721.jpg

Put the battery in the aircraft fire up the props.. Don't take off. Should kill it fairly quickly.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2
From experience it takes an age to discharge the battery in the craft without props on. I did mine from 18% down to 8 and it took 15mins and the motors were quite hot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl