Cell 1 on my battery, only done 5 flights.

Hi all,

I just got back from a flight and uploaded my log to Healthy drones and noticed cell 1 is down a little but is giving a heap of errors ( .07-.08 deviation). I noticed it last flight aswell so did a deep cycle reset, all firmware is the latest..... Is this normal and I'm right to keep going if I continue to monitor it or should I be worried. Thanks in advance. Log below:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
It is my guess that your battery was manufactured in October 2015. The reason why I guess that is that every battery I had that was manufactured in October had all the same issues as you are having. I exchanged the batteries at bestbuy and got some from September and August and I haven't had a single error yet. I think DJI might have had some QC issues trying to ramp up production for the holidays.

It is my guess that your battery was manufactured in October 2015. The reason why I guess that is that every battery I had that was manufactured in October had all the same issues as you are having. I exchanged the batteries at bestbuy and got some from September and August and I haven't had a single error yet. I think DJI might have had some QC issues trying to ramp up production for the holidays.

Mine was manuf. in April/May 2015

All 3 of mine were manufactured in May 2015.

I want to thank you all for your info and experiences, I spoke with dji support and after I sent him the info from healthy drones he said he will send me a new battery out and to stop using the old one..... The service is a little slow but what a great outcome. Very happy with them!!! I just hope I am not grounded for too long. [emoji15][emoji22]

I used to look at the info on healthydrones and panic ever so slightly. Over time, I eventually got used to the fact that it would show up battery errors, but I'm not so sure if the information is really that worthwhile. And here's why.

A few days ago, I went through two batteries in a big open field doing speed tests, load tests etc. All the time with the battery full indicator showing. The reason why I did this was on a previous flight I saw the battery voltage indicator turning yellow under the percentage figure and that had worried me.

So I loaded up a fresh battery and did a series of full load up and down tests, full up and forward tests, full forward, full sideways - all looking for some definitive data. I'm on the latest version of everything, app, firmware etc.

I noticed in many of the tests that one or even two of the cells would turn yellow under load. Removing the load immediately turned the voltage back to green. In fact, as the battery became depleted, it became easier and easier to turn all cells yellow - in fact often towards the end of the test they were all turning red indicating dangerously low voltages across all cells. This while treating the craft like a racing machine - all done on purpose. I'd never actually fly like that.

What I did discover was that it is fairly easy to keep the cells green by being gentle on the throttle and easing acceleration up at all times. I suppose it's like being in the car - full throttle ain't going to give a smooth ride!

It was interesting to analyse the healthydrones data afterwards - it only showed two minor variations and neither of these were on the cells that I could initially turn yellow or red. My test voltages indicated that cells 1&2 were the weakest, but HD indicates that cell 4 is the problematic one.

Therefore, while the HD battery information is probably something to keep an eye on over a period of time, I couldn't see the correlation between the reports and what my field experiences were.

YMMV.

Reactions: AeroVisionz
I used to look at the info on healthydrones and panic ever so slightly. Over time, I eventually got used to the fact that it would show up battery errors, but I'm not so sure if the information is really that worthwhile. And here's why.

A few days ago, I went through two batteries in a big open field doing speed tests, load tests etc. All the time with the battery full indicator showing. The reason why I did this was on a previous flight I saw the battery voltage indicator turning yellow under the percentage figure and that had worried me.

So I loaded up a fresh battery and did a series of full load up and down tests, full up and forward tests, full forward, full sideways - all looking for some definitive data. I'm on the latest version of everything, app, firmware etc.

I noticed in many of the tests that one or even two of the cells would turn yellow under load. Removing the load immediately turned the voltage back to green. In fact, as the battery became depleted, it became easier and easier to turn all cells yellow - in fact often towards the end of the test they were all turning red indicating dangerously low voltages across all cells. This while treating the craft like a racing machine - all done on purpose. I'd never actually fly like that.

What I did discover was that it is fairly easy to keep the cells green by being gentle on the throttle and easing acceleration up at all times. I suppose it's like being in the car - full throttle ain't going to give a smooth ride!

It was interesting to analyse the healthydrones data afterwards - it only showed two minor variations and neither of these were on the cells that I could initially turn yellow or red. My test voltages indicated that cells 1&2 were the weakest, but HD indicates that cell 4 is the problematic one.

Therefore, while the HD battery information is probably something to keep an eye on over a period of time, I couldn't see the correlation between the reports and what my field experiences were.

YMMV.

@happydays,

voltage variations under load are 100% normal. That's why we always refer to "under load" and "rest" when taking about LiPOs charges and stuff, and the reason we measure voltage right after landing when flying other ACs - voltage tends to increase a bit after you stop motors. You can try that and see with the P3 as well.

Unlike percentage (which is an estimate) voltage drop is not linear. Like you said, if you apply a heavy load (hard acceleration, fast takeoff, heavy headwind and the like...) it'll drop fast then return to a higher value as soon as you back off demand (i.e. take it easy). And despite percentage, which is linear but and approximate that takes a few secs for % to catch up.

Reactions: Solar Deity
@happydays,

voltage variations under load are 100% normal. That's why we always refer to "under load" and "rest" when taking about LiPOs charges and stuff, and the reason we measure voltage right after landing when flying other ACs - voltage tends to increase a bit after you stop motors. You can try that and see with the P3 as well.

Unlike percentage (which is an estimate) voltage drop is not linear. Like you said, if you apply a heavy load (hard acceleration, fast takeoff, heavy headwind and the like...) it'll drop fast then return to a higher value as soon as you back off demand (i.e. take it easy). And despite percentage, which is linear but and approximate that takes a few secs for % to catch up.

Yes I get that. My point was more about healthy drones battery information not being relative to actual activity.

I have 2 batteries....BOTH have issues with CELL ONE...why does it seem that ALL of us have issues with cell ONE? Kinda weird. And should I try to get replacements from DJI? I never thought they'd honor a battery return actually. (Hard to guarantee the vagaries of a battery.)

Thanks...

--

Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik