Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 7.24.41 AM.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 10,649
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 7.46.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 7.46.30 AM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 10,643
Reactions: Itay
shortyuk said:
does fcc mode have longer range???
There is a video on the dji site that says it does. I am curious as to whether it is legal to do it in the UK. It could be one of those things that it is illegal to import into the EU but not illegal to use - (possibly ;)).

I live in the UK and wondered if it will do any harm to try FCC mode?
Does anyone know if it really does give greater range than CE?

UPDATE: It seems that FCC mode (although technically not allowed in the UK) is indeed more powerful than CE mode so I will of course now select that mode in the interests of research for this forum :cool:

Pull_Up said:
If you see some men in lab coats in a Ford Transit with a spinning roofrack and "OfCom" on the side then I'd have your screwdriver with you for a quick potentiometer tweak just in case... ;)

Lol! Big thumbs up!

Reactions: haddo003
can we get some meter readings of actual output once on fcc mode? using immerision rc rf meter mine only seems to be putting out 35mw max. i get the two beeps and it's showing as setup as fcc in the software. i get 1000m before rth kicks but thats using a 12dbi dual balckhawk. i get the feeling these rc transmitters have varying outputs.

The 25mW rule is prevent you swamping other low power users, but due to the low usage of the band and the short propagation, I doubt you will ever have any issues.

How are you measuring the ERP? with just a wire output, this is quite tricky to do accurately.

The P3 mode is set automatically depending on GPS location. There's no screw to turn.
I assume the same for P4? I'm in US. P4 specs say 17dB CE and 23dB FCC. I measured this morning and it come out as 17dB. Any ideas as to why?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub