Ce Vs FCC

Reaction score
I found this on another site:
On the back of the transmitter there are two holes that provide access to a couple of potentiometers. The bottom potentiometer switches the transmitter power between CE compliance and FCC compliance. The unit comes with CE compliance set, but a minute with a screwdriver changes that to FCC compliance which gives more range; so that’s something I did when I first received the unit. You can tell which mode is set when you turn on the transmitter, one beep means CE, two beeps means FCC.

I have the FC40 and have never switched to FCC, however it does beep twice. I'm wondering if it is in FCC or Ce mode?
How many beeps does yours have and did you change it?
Also does anyone know about how many minutes of video you would get with a 16GB card?
Thanks
Brad

Bradr19 said:
I have the FC40 and have never switched to FCC, however it does beep twice. I'm wondering if it is in FCC or Ce mode?
If it beeps twice, than it came already set in FCC mode.
Bradr19 said:
Also does anyone know about how many minutes of video you would get with a 16GB card?
It depends on the recording settings. If you are thinking about the default FC40 camera, than 16GB is a whole lot more that the camera battery lasts in one charge. The video bitrate for the FC40 camera is about 6000 kbps.

I have the FC40 and notice dthose holes but have never played with them. For me, one beep.

Regarding the card: I use a 32 Gb card which gets used in my handycam camera also and I have oodles of space and I even capture 1080 dpi with the handycam and do not delete the files.

I still have lots of space left for the Phantom so no worries. My only recommendation would be that you buy a fast card.

Bradr19 said:
I found this on another site:
On the back of the transmitter there are two holes that provide access to a couple of potentiometers. The bottom potentiometer switches the transmitter power between CE compliance and FCC compliance. The unit comes with CE compliance set, but a minute with a screwdriver changes that to FCC compliance which gives more range; so that’s something I did when I first received the unit. You can tell which mode is set when you turn on the transmitter, one beep means CE, two beeps means FCC.

Thanks
Brad

I was told that it simply increased the transmit range on the controller in FCC mode and if you are hearing two beeps on power up you should be in FCC mode, I had to change mine to FCC mode when i purchased it it was set to CE mode.
To play it safe i just prefer to have the added transmit power on my controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4