CE to FCC

Reaction score
I just watched a video showing a simple way to increase range from (as stated) 300m to 500m . Just go to the back of your remote and turn the bottom pot about 180 degrees clockwise. This changes the the remote from CE to FCC. Read about it in a Wiki article too. I know there have been some posts on this , but I haven't found anyone showing actual results. Has anyone found this to be a good idea?

yes, it works fine. FCC mode gives more range with a slight power increase in the transmitter power.

you will know you are in FCC mode by the two beeps from the controller instead of a single beep.

Although, my Vision+ already was in FCC mode. If it beeps twice don't mess with it. I remember when I had my old Vision switching over and the screw you have to turn is super is to strip!

Interestingly enough, I connected my remote to my laptop running Phantom RC. It said it was in FCC mode. It only beeps once at startup :?: ?

Actually my stock controller beeped twice when I turned it on....I assumed it was in FCC mode.
Today I checked the RC assistant and to my surprise it showed CE mode checked off. I switched it to FCC in the program and now it says FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plasmo said:
Actually my stock controller beeped twice when I turned it on....I assumed it was in FCC mode.
Today I checked the RC assistant and to my surprise it showed CE mode checked off. I switched it to FCC in the program and now it says FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because I believe you can change mode through the assistant, so if you change it manually with screw driver, the assistant doesn't know any different, I would go by the beeps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.