CE to FCC Mode

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just got my new Phantom 3 today, heard a lot of rumors about flight limits of 500m only and that the FCC mode can not be activated manualy.

Anybody has some experience already about this?

Thanks a lot,
Stef

It's all done by the Phantom in relation to your location based on the GPS. As far as I understand it can not be set manually.
The 500m restriction is for altitude only.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ok thanks for the Info!
Will try out as soon the firmware update is done...takes quite long...

500m.. :( could make nice videos when breaking trough foglayers into sunshine on top, any chance to switch that limit off?

Reactions: Stef
Thanks for the feedback!
Too bad... well, a reason to stay with the vision 2+, apart from the 4k camera.
Hopefully an APP will come out soon to switch this off.

If the supposed FCC altitude limit is 500 feet, why is this limited at 500m?
It's the FAA not the FCC that recommends 400' (not 500'). The FAA doesn't govern the rest of the world, just US airspace (other areas of the world may have higher or lower limits), and the measurement is Above Ground Level. It is conceivable you are flying up a mountain, and well above 400' from your takeoff point, but still under the 400' AGL limits.

Why do they put a hard limit at 500m from takeoff point at all, then? Couldn't say.

Sorry TAZ, FCC was a brain fart. I was under the impression that Dji placed the 500m altitude limit on units sold in the U.S. Only. I was wondering if their intent was to comply with the FAA suggestions and confused meters and feet. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl