CE or FCC Phantom 3 advanced

Same here. Could someone post how it look in CE?

However this way is a dead end. We know the radio should be the same and FCC/CE mode depend on a place where you are.

We need to disable switch. Maybe the way is similar to enabling 32 channels, or some file need to be put to sd. Or maybe wee nede to reverse firmware and there is something.

Mine too CE and FCC on the back of the RC same as the pic posted. So it looks like that ether the RC certification is generically printed on the RC i.e CE, FCC and other certs like ROHS etc or the RC HW wireless chipset supports both CE and FCC Tx power outputs and then there are 2 possibilities there. 1 the wirless chipset kernel or embedded code sets a fixed value from production on the line or 2. The wireless chipset embedded code Tx power output values are variables that are controlled by the RC FW which gets its values possibly from the GPS location or the tablet/smartphone localisation attributes. The post by our friend with the FW values suggests the latter. However i douubt he found a way to hack it. Has anyone managed to look into the RC FW code? The bird's FW code? Anyone that knows or has opened his RC what is the wirless chipset vendor and model? I will ask a contact i have that does FW for routers and the wifi chipset embedded code to let me know how to look at it and what to look for and i will come back if i find something .

Last edited:
Mine too CE and FCC on the back of the RC same as the pic posted. So it looks like that ether the RC certification is generically printed on the RC i.e CE, FCC and other certs like ROHS etc or the RC HW wireless chipset supports both CE and FCC Tx power outputs and then there are 2 possibilities there. 1 the wirless chipset kernel or embedded code sets a fixed value from production on the line or 2. The wireless chipset embedded code Tx power output values are variables that are controlled by the RC FW which gets its values possibly from the GPS location or the tablet/smartphone localisation attributes. The post by our friend with the FW values suggests the latter. However i douubt he found a way to hack it. Has anyone managed to look into the RC FW code? The bird's FW code? Anyone that knows or has opened his RC what is the wirless chipset vendor and model? I will ask a contact i have that does FW for routers and the wifi chipset embedded code to let me know how to look at it and what to look for and i will come back if i find something .

Where does yours say CE on it as I can't see that on mine? Your 300B seems to be a newer model.

Where does yours say CE on it as I can't see that on mine? Your 300B seems to be a newer model.
On the back of it with big letters says CE1313 same as in the picture u posted but t he model says B. What do u mean u cant see it ? its in your picture.

not sure what that answer is:D:D:D:D tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif

On the back of it with big letters says CE1313 same as in the picture u posted but t he model says B. What do u mean u cant see it ? its in your picture.

Lol you know when you can't see something that's right in front of you. I blame the weird font plus I was only looking at all the small writing.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Nobody is yet. Lol. Got friends spending a lot of money trying to crack this just for cracking sake. So far one has only come up with there is no difference he can find between the 2. Another very know how friend with everything dji who has been working with someone in the U.S has said to me they both can not find a difference either. So far every limet the P3 has has been cracked apart from this one and my hat goes of to who ever does it. My hat will also go of to dji as well if they can crack the shell cracking issue. what shell version are we on now 4 is it. Lol

Nobody is yet. Lol. Got friends spending a lot of money trying to crack this just for cracking sake. So far one has only come up with there is no difference he can find between the 2. Another very know how friend with everything dji who has been working with someone in the U.S has said to me they both can not find a difference either. So far every limet the P3 has has been cracked apart from this one and my hat goes of to who ever does it. My hat will also go of to dji as well if they can crack the shell cracking issue. what shell version are we on now 4 is it. Lol
If they are changing the shells v2, v3, or v4-- that is a good thing:D:D:D

Oh god please don't turn this into another she'll cracking thread!

So are we calling BS on the Kreso when he said he'd managed to increase a CE Level to above even the FCC level?
It would explain why his range boast wasn't much to boast about and why he won't tell anyone how he did it.

Disappointing I guess. I don't have any issues with the range in the open but better penetration in wooded areas would be cool.

Yes I agree [emoji1]. We have one coming back from dji now from our club with shell replacement so I will let everyone know if there has been another change or not. [emoji23]

I have a bad news for You guys. I have contacted with DJI support and that what i got:
My questions:
1. Is there possibility to switch from CE to FCC mode or should i sell my current EU model and buy FCC version (in US?)
2. How should i determine when i am buying FCC version. I do not want to buy EU version again.
3. What should I do when i buy and FCC version and i got a contract in Europe, how to switch from FCC to CE to not break a EU law?

And DJI answers:
1. Yes, only way is purchase another drone.
2. We suggest you can purchase from a USA dealer or DJI store and remark you need a FCC version.
It will tell the version on the packing box.
3. No access to switch the version. In theory,yes, it will breaks the local law.

So EU clients, are clients of the second category. I will move to US in a few weeks and i would lke to fully use an advantages of 20dBi. And i can have a contract in Europe, and then i cant switch it to 16dBi back.
Only one solution is to have two drones or deal with the half range of cropped product in EU version.

And another DJi support words about a range:
"Actually if you select an open area, the CE version also have a nice range.(Usually 1-2km)"
You have advertising on Your website it is about 3,5 km in CE and 5 km in US.
Stronger signal is not a more range, but it is more safety. Thats why i want to have 20 dBi in US.The above shows we should definately avoid a P3 from EU resellers.

I am going to sell it, unless i found how to switch. It is my last DJI product.
16dBi is 40 mW, 20dBi is 100mW. EU customers have actually a 40% of the product, for the VAT bigger price, it is ridiculous..

And more:
I asked about a change a mode in US DJI service - there is no way for that.
I asked about transmitter - they advertise DJI transmitter for a 3.1 miles - this will not a work, i got an answer:
"This also refers to both the radio receiver ,so it does not work to change the remote controller."

So the only way is to buy and FCC version of a P3....

Last edited:
I guess the question is are they physically different, or is it in the firmware coding (and so probably just a matter of time before someone is able to modify it)

Ps, when you move to the US will you post one to me in the UK?

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I completely do not know how it could be done, but i think it is more software than hardware, but i can be wrong. They do not sell on their website CE/FCC parts as different or a different revision.

DJI definately do not want allow us to change 'region', but i completely do not know why but i feel they are not told me truth. If i move to US, and i want to go US service, everything is legit, right? So why they cant change this region when they are set it in factory as they wrote....

P.S.
Sure, but you can order one in FCC directly from DJI store, but you need to write you want a FCC. So all UE retailers are burned now. Nobody will want a UE version with 50% range. Maybe at half of price yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris P Duck
Yea dji just send the model that is correct according to shipping destination. The only way to get a fcc model in the UK is to buy one from the states and pay the import tax. Someone will hack it soon tho I'm sure. Could be other problems tho when they do cos they might interfere with other P3 crafts if you fly in a club like me. I had one of the first 300A controllers with my first P3 and I couldn't fly near other p3 crafts at our club who were using the 300b later controllers for some reason. Luckily my barometer went out of whack and the craft was replaced with a 300b model then I could fly with the others at the club. Maybe the higher gain of a FCC might cause upset when trying to fly near other CE models I don't know. I know my old 300A controller anywhere near the later one caused massive low signal problems to the point I could not go up with the others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers